Man in court over attempted kidnap of woman on Marriott’s Way in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared in court after being charged in connection with an attempted kidnap in Norwich.
Aaron Bidle, 35, of Drayton Road, Norwich, was charged with attempted kidnap and possession of cannabis.
It follows an incident on Sunday, October 8 where a woman in her 20s was attacked on Marriott's Way near Barker Street.
Bidle appeared at Norwich Magistrates' Court via videolink from Wymondham Police Investigation Centre on Tuesday.
The case was sent to Norwich Crown Court on November 7. Bidle, who spoke only to confirm his name, was remanded in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Police are still appealing for witnesses. They want to trace:
? A woman with a foreign accent, about 5ft 4in, with white hair and wearing a coat and jeans.
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 3 Police and SOS Bus see busy night as clubbing returns to city
- 4 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 5 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 6 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 7 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 8 Taxi companies hit by driver shortages as demand increases
- 9 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 10 Former Laurence, Scott & Electromotors staff invited to July 30 reunion
? A white man, about 6ft 9in, of slim build, who was riding a bike.
? Anyone with information about the incident should call police on 101.