Man in court over attempted kidnap of woman on Marriott’s Way in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared in court after being charged in connection with an attempted kidnap in Norwich.
Aaron Bidle, 35, of Drayton Road, Norwich, was charged with attempted kidnap and possession of cannabis.
It follows an incident on Sunday, October 8 where a woman in her 20s was attacked on Marriott's Way near Barker Street.
Bidle appeared at Norwich Magistrates' Court via videolink from Wymondham Police Investigation Centre on Tuesday.
The case was sent to Norwich Crown Court on November 7. Bidle, who spoke only to confirm his name, was remanded in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Police are still appealing for witnesses. They want to trace:
? A woman with a foreign accent, about 5ft 4in, with white hair and wearing a coat and jeans.
- 1 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Drink-driver caught on flyover after police spot 'worrying' driving
- 7 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 8 'A little bit of hope' - Care home manager look back on last 10 months
- 9 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 10 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
? A white man, about 6ft 9in, of slim build, who was riding a bike.
? Anyone with information about the incident should call police on 101.