Man in court over attempted kidnap of woman on Marriott’s Way in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared in court after being charged in connection with an attempted kidnap in Norwich.
Aaron Bidle, 35, of Drayton Road, Norwich, was charged with attempted kidnap and possession of cannabis.
It follows an incident on Sunday, October 8 where a woman in her 20s was attacked on Marriott's Way near Barker Street.
Bidle appeared at Norwich Magistrates' Court via videolink from Wymondham Police Investigation Centre on Tuesday.
The case was sent to Norwich Crown Court on November 7. Bidle, who spoke only to confirm his name, was remanded in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Police are still appealing for witnesses. They want to trace:
? A woman with a foreign accent, about 5ft 4in, with white hair and wearing a coat and jeans.
- 1 A Botanical Garden Bar and Christmas market is heading to Norwich
- 2 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 3 What a Boost - chocolate box business thrives amid demand for postal treats
- 4 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 5 Junkyard Market is returning to Norwich for Christmas
- 6 Water outages hit homes across city
- 7 'Heartless' fraudster stole from elderly hospital patients
- 8 Norwich City confirm 2,000 tickets available for next two home games
- 9 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 10 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
? A white man, about 6ft 9in, of slim build, who was riding a bike.
? Anyone with information about the incident should call police on 101.