Man in court over attempted kidnap of woman on Marriott’s Way in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared in court after being charged in connection with an attempted kidnap in Norwich.
Aaron Bidle, 35, of Drayton Road, Norwich, was charged with attempted kidnap and possession of cannabis.
It follows an incident on Sunday, October 8 where a woman in her 20s was attacked on Marriott's Way near Barker Street.
Bidle appeared at Norwich Magistrates' Court via videolink from Wymondham Police Investigation Centre on Tuesday.
The case was sent to Norwich Crown Court on November 7. Bidle, who spoke only to confirm his name, was remanded in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Police are still appealing for witnesses. They want to trace:
? A woman with a foreign accent, about 5ft 4in, with white hair and wearing a coat and jeans.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 6 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 7 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
- 8 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 9 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
? A white man, about 6ft 9in, of slim build, who was riding a bike.
? Anyone with information about the incident should call police on 101.