Man in 70s suffers head injuries in road rage attack
- Credit: Google
A man needed hospital treatment for head injuries after being attacked at a busy traffic junction in Norwich.
Police are investigating the road rage incident that occurred on Aylsham Road, at the junction of Mile Cross Road, just before 3.50pm on Wednesday, March 17.
The victim, a man aged in his 70s, was walking across the road when a woman in a car became verbally abusive.
A man then got out of the car and pushed the victim, causing him to fall. The driver and woman then left the scene.
The man, who had sustained head injuries in the fall, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital to be treated.
Reports on social media claimed the attack had involved a dog but police confirmed this was not the case.
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or anyone with information, should contact Norfolk Police on 101 quoting incident number 240 of Wednesday 17 March.
- 1 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 2 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 3 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 4 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel
- 5 Heron dies after being shot six times with air gun in Norwich
- 6 New Danish bakery in Norwich sells over 1,000 pastries in first week
- 7 Norwich pub welcomes eight new street food vendors
- 8 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 9 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 10 Talk exploring psychology of serial killers coming to Norwich