Police cordon off part of city centre after man found with serious injuries
- Credit: Archant
Police have cordoned off part of Norwich city centre, after a man was found with serious injuries.
Blue and white police tape has been used to seal off steps and a stretch of pavement close to the Hotel Nelson, in Prince of Wales Road.
There were police officers at either end of the sealed-off area, next to the River Wensum, this morning.
Police were called to the area at about 12.30am on Friday, by paramedics who were treating a man who had injuries to his head and arm.
The man, in his 50s, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment where he remains in a stable condition. His injuries are described as non-life threatening.
Detectives are working to establish the circumstances surrounding the incident.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have information about what happened.
- 1 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 4 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 5 WATCH: Inside abandoned static caravan left to rot in city suburb
- 6 Revealed: All the places you can fly to from Norwich Airport this year
- 7 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 8 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 9 Could ANOTHER McDonald's be coming to Norwich?
- 10 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
Witnesses should contact Norwich CID on 101 quoting incident number three of today's date.