Police cordon off part of city centre after man found with serious injuries
- Credit: Archant
Police have cordoned off part of Norwich city centre, after a man was found with serious injuries.
Blue and white police tape has been used to seal off steps and a stretch of pavement close to the Hotel Nelson, in Prince of Wales Road.
There were police officers at either end of the sealed-off area, next to the River Wensum, this morning.
Police were called to the area at about 12.30am on Friday, by paramedics who were treating a man who had injuries to his head and arm.
The man, in his 50s, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment where he remains in a stable condition. His injuries are described as non-life threatening.
Detectives are working to establish the circumstances surrounding the incident.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have information about what happened.
- 1 Changes on the way for listed pub after plans given green light
- 2 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 3 Mystery over how grotty sofa ended up on garage roof
- 4 'Our lives changed forever' - Parents pay tribute to six-week-old Chloe
- 5 Pupils reach for the rainbow for Norwich Pride Schools Week
- 6 Efforts step up to protect city park from development
- 7 Need for extension could mean Norwich roadworks continue for longer
- 8 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 9 New pub landlord welcomes back families and introduces street food menu
- 10 Can you spot yourself in the Lord Mayor's Procession crowd?
Witnesses should contact Norwich CID on 101 quoting incident number three of today's date.