Police cordon off part of city centre after man found with serious injuries
- Credit: Archant
Police have cordoned off part of Norwich city centre, after a man was found with serious injuries.
Blue and white police tape has been used to seal off steps and a stretch of pavement close to the Hotel Nelson, in Prince of Wales Road.
There were police officers at either end of the sealed-off area, next to the River Wensum, this morning.
Police were called to the area at about 12.30am on Friday, by paramedics who were treating a man who had injuries to his head and arm.
The man, in his 50s, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment where he remains in a stable condition. His injuries are described as non-life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are working to establish the circumstances surrounding the incident.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have information about what happened.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 3 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 10 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September
Witnesses should contact Norwich CID on 101 quoting incident number three of today's date.