Police cordon off part of city centre after man found with serious injuries
- Credit: Archant
Police have cordoned off part of Norwich city centre, after a man was found with serious injuries.
Blue and white police tape has been used to seal off steps and a stretch of pavement close to the Hotel Nelson, in Prince of Wales Road.
There were police officers at either end of the sealed-off area, next to the River Wensum, this morning.
Police were called to the area at about 12.30am on Friday, by paramedics who were treating a man who had injuries to his head and arm.
The man, in his 50s, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment where he remains in a stable condition. His injuries are described as non-life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are working to establish the circumstances surrounding the incident.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have information about what happened.
- 1 City fan park takes shape ahead of England's Euro 2020 opener
- 2 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 5 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 6 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 7 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 Stylish bungalow to rent on edge of Norwich - and it even has a hot tub
- 10 Police issue urgent appeal for witnesses after sexual assault in Norwich
Witnesses should contact Norwich CID on 101 quoting incident number three of today's date.