Police cordon off part of city centre after man found with serious injuries
- Credit: Archant
Police have cordoned off part of Norwich city centre, after a man was found with serious injuries.
Blue and white police tape has been used to seal off steps and a stretch of pavement close to the Hotel Nelson, in Prince of Wales Road.
There were police officers at either end of the sealed-off area, next to the River Wensum, this morning.
Police were called to the area at about 12.30am on Friday, by paramedics who were treating a man who had injuries to his head and arm.
The man, in his 50s, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment where he remains in a stable condition. His injuries are described as non-life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are working to establish the circumstances surrounding the incident.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have information about what happened.
- 1 New pasta and cocktail bar to open in Norwich
- 2 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 3 Norwich restaurants and pubs reopening in April
- 4 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 5 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 6 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 7 'Spoiled the enjoyment' - Park bench damaged as engraving cut off
- 8 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 9 £153m Western Link road delayed a third time
- 10 Tributes to the 'face of Norwich bus station' after Covid death
Witnesses should contact Norwich CID on 101 quoting incident number three of today's date.