Man who hit cars with wood during 21st birthday celebrations is fined
- Credit: Archant
A man's 21st birthday celebrations ended with him being arrested after he was caught shouting in the street and hitting cars with wood.
Ryan Pemberton, 21, had been out for a few drinks and celebrating his birthday on January 3 this year.
But Norwich Magistrates Court heard police were later called after Pemberton was shouting and hitting cars with wood in Magdalen Street, Norwich.
Stacie Cossey, prosecuting, said he was arrested for being drunk and disorderly.
Pemberton, of Station Road, Attlebridge, appeared in court on Tuesday (February 12) when he admitted being drunk and disorderly.
You may also want to watch:
His plea put him in breach of a conditional discharge imposed for other offences, including criminal damage.
Pemberton, who represented himself in court, said: 'I had just had too much to drink.
- 1 How landlord behind squalid flats was finally brought to justice
- 2 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 3 See work to transform former bakery into £13m site
- 4 Landlord fined £6,100 for state of Norwich apartment block
- 5 Vulnerable 15-year-old brought to Norwich from London to deal drugs
- 6 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 7 'Delighted to be out again' - City centre pub gardens proving popular
- 8 House blaze tackled by firefighters
- 9 Wrestling school stars in Channel 4 show with top comedian
- 10 Concerns for missing 29-year-old Norfolk man's welfare
'It was my birthday. I went out and just drunk a bit too much.'
Chairman of the bench Val Khambata warned Pemberton about the consequences of drinking too much.
She said: 'My husband can have a good time on just an orange juice.'
Pemberton was fined £133, ordered to pay costs of £85 and a £30 victim surcharge.