Man who hit cars with wood during 21st birthday celebrations is fined
- Credit: Archant
A man's 21st birthday celebrations ended with him being arrested after he was caught shouting in the street and hitting cars with wood.
Ryan Pemberton, 21, had been out for a few drinks and celebrating his birthday on January 3 this year.
But Norwich Magistrates Court heard police were later called after Pemberton was shouting and hitting cars with wood in Magdalen Street, Norwich.
Stacie Cossey, prosecuting, said he was arrested for being drunk and disorderly.
Pemberton, of Station Road, Attlebridge, appeared in court on Tuesday (February 12) when he admitted being drunk and disorderly.
You may also want to watch:
His plea put him in breach of a conditional discharge imposed for other offences, including criminal damage.
Pemberton, who represented himself in court, said: 'I had just had too much to drink.
- 1 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 2 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 6 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 7 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 8 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 9 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 10 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
'It was my birthday. I went out and just drunk a bit too much.'
Chairman of the bench Val Khambata warned Pemberton about the consequences of drinking too much.
She said: 'My husband can have a good time on just an orange juice.'
Pemberton was fined £133, ordered to pay costs of £85 and a £30 victim surcharge.