Man fined for being drunk in Prince of Wales Road, Norwich
A man who pleaded guilty to drunk and disorderly behaviour on Prince of Wales Road on November 27 was fined yesterday at Norwich Magistrates Court.
Shane Watson, 23, from Raglan Street in Lowestoft, had been drinking with friends in the city to celebrate his birthday.
Robert Barnwell, prosecuting, said that Watson was 'shouting and waving his arms around' and that police had attempted to hand him an order to leave the area.
But before they had done so Watson had walked off and attempted to get into a bar, and was then arrested.
But Watson, who represented himself, claimed he had only joked with a bouncer about entering a bar and was actually walking to a taxi to leave the road.
You may also want to watch:
He admitted that when he was arrested he 'kicked off' at officers.
Lynsey Brunt, chairman of the magistrates, ordered him to pay a �100 fine, costs of �85 and a surcharge of �15.
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 3 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 8 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 9 'We promise to leave you alone': Unusual new policy for shop
- 10 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise