Man fined for being drunk in Prince of Wales Road, Norwich
A man who pleaded guilty to drunk and disorderly behaviour on Prince of Wales Road on November 27 was fined yesterday at Norwich Magistrates Court.
Shane Watson, 23, from Raglan Street in Lowestoft, had been drinking with friends in the city to celebrate his birthday.
Robert Barnwell, prosecuting, said that Watson was 'shouting and waving his arms around' and that police had attempted to hand him an order to leave the area.
But before they had done so Watson had walked off and attempted to get into a bar, and was then arrested.
But Watson, who represented himself, claimed he had only joked with a bouncer about entering a bar and was actually walking to a taxi to leave the road.
You may also want to watch:
He admitted that when he was arrested he 'kicked off' at officers.
Lynsey Brunt, chairman of the magistrates, ordered him to pay a �100 fine, costs of �85 and a surcharge of �15.
- 1 Fresh questions over 'Japanese restaurant' in Norwich home
- 2 Police concerned for 25-year-old missing man from Norwich
- 3 Vigil begins as body of 'selfless' nurse arrives at cathedral
- 4 Councillor questions need for new homes plan near Norwich
- 5 Former city boxing champion denies threats to slash partner's throat
- 6 New £1.9m council car park gets go-ahead despite opposition
- 7 Woman who stole from vulnerable woman has to pay back £2000
- 8 Man jailed for attacking homeless victim with bike tool
- 9 Road closure warning for £940,000 traffic shake-up in Norwich
- 10 Photos show progress made on new £2.75m recycling centre in Norwich