Man fined for being drunk in Prince of Wales Road, Norwich
A man who pleaded guilty to drunk and disorderly behaviour on Prince of Wales Road on November 27 was fined yesterday at Norwich Magistrates Court.
Shane Watson, 23, from Raglan Street in Lowestoft, had been drinking with friends in the city to celebrate his birthday.
Robert Barnwell, prosecuting, said that Watson was 'shouting and waving his arms around' and that police had attempted to hand him an order to leave the area.
But before they had done so Watson had walked off and attempted to get into a bar, and was then arrested.
But Watson, who represented himself, claimed he had only joked with a bouncer about entering a bar and was actually walking to a taxi to leave the road.
You may also want to watch:
He admitted that when he was arrested he 'kicked off' at officers.
Lynsey Brunt, chairman of the magistrates, ordered him to pay a �100 fine, costs of �85 and a surcharge of �15.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 4 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 7 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 8 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 9 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 10 Car catches fire after early morning crash