Man charged with having imitation gun during Norwich brawl
- Credit: Archant
A man is due in court later this month after being charged with possessing an imitation gun with intent to cause fear of violence.
It follows an incident on May 16 this year when police were called to Copenhagen Way shortly after 3pm to reports a number of people were involved in a brawl.
Enquiries continued after it was reported one of the men involved in the fight was in possession of an imitation firearm.
They attended a house in Heath Crescent, close to Norwich Airport, where a man was arrested and the imitation gun seized.
Mantas Gadeikis, 31, of Heath Crescent, Norwich, has been charged with possessing an imitation firearm and released on police bail to appear at Norwich Magistrates’ Court on June 30.
You may also want to watch:
A second man, age 37, arrested at a property in Heath Crescent, Norwich, the same day, on suspicion of possessing a class-A drug received a caution.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 6 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 7 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
- 8 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 9 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week