Man charged with having imitation gun during Norwich brawl
- Credit: Archant
A man is due in court later this month after being charged with possessing an imitation gun with intent to cause fear of violence.
It follows an incident on May 16 this year when police were called to Copenhagen Way shortly after 3pm to reports a number of people were involved in a brawl.
Enquiries continued after it was reported one of the men involved in the fight was in possession of an imitation firearm.
They attended a house in Heath Crescent, close to Norwich Airport, where a man was arrested and the imitation gun seized.
Mantas Gadeikis, 31, of Heath Crescent, Norwich, has been charged with possessing an imitation firearm and released on police bail to appear at Norwich Magistrates’ Court on June 30.
You may also want to watch:
A second man, age 37, arrested at a property in Heath Crescent, Norwich, the same day, on suspicion of possessing a class-A drug received a caution.
- 1 Man charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 2 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 3 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
- 4 Kill the Bill protestors take to Norwich streets
- 5 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 6 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 7 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 8 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 9 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 10 Sweepers clean up in city after busy Saturday night - and punters behave