Man arrested over Norwich arsons released on bail
- Credit: Archant
A man arrested in connection with three garage fires in Norwich has been released on bail.
The 20-year-old was arrested in the early hours of Monday morning on suspicion of arson following the fires in Norman Drive and in relation to a garage break-in at Priors Drive, both in Old Catton.
Firefighters initially responded to reports of a single garage fire and discovered another two garages on fire while on scene.
Officers attended and nearby properties were evacuated due to smoke and fire risks. One elderly resident was taken to hospital suffering shock.
Two vehicles, parked inside two of the garages, were badly damaged.
You may also want to watch:
The man has been released on bail until January 17 2018 while enquiries continue.
Between September and December there have been more than 20 fires in North and West Norwich which are believed to have been started deliberately.
- 1 In photos: Norwich transformed but deserted in lockdown snowfall
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Tributes paid to 'happy and giggly' woman who died aged 23
- 7 Pizza and Yorkshire pudding wrap takeaway opening in Norwich
- 8 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 9 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 10 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub