Man arrested over Norwich arsons released on bail
- Credit: Archant
A man arrested in connection with three garage fires in Norwich has been released on bail.
The 20-year-old was arrested in the early hours of Monday morning on suspicion of arson following the fires in Norman Drive and in relation to a garage break-in at Priors Drive, both in Old Catton.
Firefighters initially responded to reports of a single garage fire and discovered another two garages on fire while on scene.
Officers attended and nearby properties were evacuated due to smoke and fire risks. One elderly resident was taken to hospital suffering shock.
Two vehicles, parked inside two of the garages, were badly damaged.
You may also want to watch:
The man has been released on bail until January 17 2018 while enquiries continue.
Between September and December there have been more than 20 fires in North and West Norwich which are believed to have been started deliberately.
- 1 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 2 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 3 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel
- 4 Norwich pub welcomes eight new street food vendors
- 5 Pair led to safety after 'taking refuge' in fire-hit house
- 6 Pedestrian crossing must be in before Aldi store is built, say officers
- 7 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 8 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 9 New hope for Open building as talks over future revealed
- 10 New plans lodged for Norwich hotel above Tesco