Man arrested over Norwich arsons released on bail
- Credit: Archant
A man arrested in connection with three garage fires in Norwich has been released on bail.
The 20-year-old was arrested in the early hours of Monday morning on suspicion of arson following the fires in Norman Drive and in relation to a garage break-in at Priors Drive, both in Old Catton.
Firefighters initially responded to reports of a single garage fire and discovered another two garages on fire while on scene.
Officers attended and nearby properties were evacuated due to smoke and fire risks. One elderly resident was taken to hospital suffering shock.
Two vehicles, parked inside two of the garages, were badly damaged.
You may also want to watch:
The man has been released on bail until January 17 2018 while enquiries continue.
Between September and December there have been more than 20 fires in North and West Norwich which are believed to have been started deliberately.
- 1 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 4 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 5 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 10 Plans to remove crossing in £440k works branded 'crazy' by councillors