Man arrested over Norwich arsons released on bail
- Credit: Archant
A man arrested in connection with three garage fires in Norwich has been released on bail.
The 20-year-old was arrested in the early hours of Monday morning on suspicion of arson following the fires in Norman Drive and in relation to a garage break-in at Priors Drive, both in Old Catton.
Firefighters initially responded to reports of a single garage fire and discovered another two garages on fire while on scene.
Officers attended and nearby properties were evacuated due to smoke and fire risks. One elderly resident was taken to hospital suffering shock.
Two vehicles, parked inside two of the garages, were badly damaged.
You may also want to watch:
The man has been released on bail until January 17 2018 while enquiries continue.
Between September and December there have been more than 20 fires in North and West Norwich which are believed to have been started deliberately.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 4 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours