Man arrested over vehicle break-ins at Norwich car park
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested in connection with multiple vehicle break-ins.
Eight vehicles – including an Audi RS4 and a BMW – were broken into at a Norwich car park between July 18 and 19.
Norfolk Police said the vehicles were targeted overnight while parked at St Mary's Works, off Duke Street.
A man, aged in his 30s and from the Norwich area, was arrested on July 19 on suspicion of theft and remains in police custody.
At least five cars had their windows smashed, but it is not yet known how much was stolen from inside each vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said the targeted cars included an Audi TT, an Audi RS4, a BMW, a Volkswagen Golf, an Audi A3 and a Ford KA.
One of the vehicle's owners, who did not want to be named, said: 'It's annoying because they broke in for the sake of breaking in. There were no valuables in the car.'
- 1 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 Fears planning shake-up will threaten Norwich city centre
- 4 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 5 Major city employer gives thousands of staff extra day of leave
- 6 New 66-bed care home with cinema planned near NDR
- 7 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 8 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 9 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
The woman said it will cost her more than £100 to repair.