Man arrested over vehicle break-ins at Norwich car park
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested in connection with multiple vehicle break-ins.
Eight vehicles – including an Audi RS4 and a BMW – were broken into at a Norwich car park between July 18 and 19.
Norfolk Police said the vehicles were targeted overnight while parked at St Mary's Works, off Duke Street.
A man, aged in his 30s and from the Norwich area, was arrested on July 19 on suspicion of theft and remains in police custody.
At least five cars had their windows smashed, but it is not yet known how much was stolen from inside each vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said the targeted cars included an Audi TT, an Audi RS4, a BMW, a Volkswagen Golf, an Audi A3 and a Ford KA.
One of the vehicle's owners, who did not want to be named, said: 'It's annoying because they broke in for the sake of breaking in. There were no valuables in the car.'
- 1 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 2 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 3 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 4 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 5 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 6 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 7 Hundreds potentially put at risk as council homes safety inspections missed
- 8 Four Norwich city green spaces among best in UK
- 9 Progress on plan for 4,000 homes near Norwich to be revealed
- 10 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes
The woman said it will cost her more than £100 to repair.