Man arrested over vehicle break-ins at Norwich car park
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested in connection with multiple vehicle break-ins.
Eight vehicles – including an Audi RS4 and a BMW – were broken into at a Norwich car park between July 18 and 19.
Norfolk Police said the vehicles were targeted overnight while parked at St Mary's Works, off Duke Street.
A man, aged in his 30s and from the Norwich area, was arrested on July 19 on suspicion of theft and remains in police custody.
At least five cars had their windows smashed, but it is not yet known how much was stolen from inside each vehicle.
A police spokesman said the targeted cars included an Audi TT, an Audi RS4, a BMW, a Volkswagen Golf, an Audi A3 and a Ford KA.
One of the vehicle's owners, who did not want to be named, said: 'It's annoying because they broke in for the sake of breaking in. There were no valuables in the car.'
- 1 Military helicopters spotted flying over Norfolk
- 2 Chim chim, I do! Couple tie the knot in Mary Poppins-themed wedding
- 3 Are you the mystery Norwich builder Peter Crouch is searching for?
- 4 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 5 See inside 'stunning' flat overlooking Norwich Market
- 6 All-you-can-eat Chinese buffet at Riverside closes
- 7 Much-loved dungaree brand to open one of only three UK stores in Norwich
- 8 Blanket ban: Standing room only for Simply Red fans
- 9 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
- 10 A47 dualling gets government green light
The woman said it will cost her more than £100 to repair.