Man arrested over vehicle break-ins at Norwich car park
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested in connection with multiple vehicle break-ins.
Eight vehicles – including an Audi RS4 and a BMW – were broken into at a Norwich car park between July 18 and 19.
Norfolk Police said the vehicles were targeted overnight while parked at St Mary's Works, off Duke Street.
A man, aged in his 30s and from the Norwich area, was arrested on July 19 on suspicion of theft and remains in police custody.
At least five cars had their windows smashed, but it is not yet known how much was stolen from inside each vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said the targeted cars included an Audi TT, an Audi RS4, a BMW, a Volkswagen Golf, an Audi A3 and a Ford KA.
One of the vehicle's owners, who did not want to be named, said: 'It's annoying because they broke in for the sake of breaking in. There were no valuables in the car.'
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 3 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 4 Plans for affordable flats for rough sleepers approved despite concerns
- 5 6 best Chinese takeaways in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 6 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 7 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
- 8 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 9 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 10 Daughters hold dad's hand one last time in emotional hospital goodbye
The woman said it will cost her more than £100 to repair.