Man arrested after fight at Norwich café which saw window smashed with chair
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 30s was arrested after another man was assaulted and a window smashed at a Norwich café.
Police were called to a café in Woodgrove Parade just after 12pm on Saturday, October 6.
One of the men kicked and repeatedly punched the other, causing him to fall on the floor.
The suspect then picked up a chair and smashed one of the café windows before leaving the scene, police said.
Enquiries saw officers arrest a man, aged in his 30s, on suspicion of assault and criminal damage.
He was taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre for questioning, but was later bailed until 29 October pending further enquiries.
The business has since reopened, and repairs on the window are expected to take place soon, the owner said on Wednesday.
- 1 TUI flight to Tenerife cancelled as it was on the tarmac
- 2 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 3 Emergency services called to person in water on Prince of Wales Road
- 4 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 5 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 6 Parents 'terrified' after THIRD run-in with cars driving on pavement
- 7 Traffic builds around Earlham Park as gates open for Let's Rock
- 8 Can you help trace this Norwich man's next of kin?
- 9 Mystery over who needs to cut overgrown hedge amid safety fears
- 10 Sweet Briar Road has now reopened
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or anyone who has information.
• They're asked to contact PC Chris Carver at Hurricane Way Police Station on 101. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.