Man arrested after fight at Norwich café which saw window smashed with chair
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 30s was arrested after another man was assaulted and a window smashed at a Norwich café.
Police were called to a café in Woodgrove Parade just after 12pm on Saturday, October 6.
One of the men kicked and repeatedly punched the other, causing him to fall on the floor.
The suspect then picked up a chair and smashed one of the café windows before leaving the scene, police said.
Enquiries saw officers arrest a man, aged in his 30s, on suspicion of assault and criminal damage.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre for questioning, but was later bailed until 29 October pending further enquiries.
The business has since reopened, and repairs on the window are expected to take place soon, the owner said on Wednesday.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 3 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 4 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 5 'People are fed up with roasts': Chef ditches Sunday dinner takeaways
- 6 Covid team to knock on Norwich doors to get people to self-isolate
- 7 Two arrested over robbery incidents at post office and shop
- 8 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 9 21 bins left on street sparks debate on keeping pavements clear
- 10 Sex offender used secret Twitter account to post indecent material
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or anyone who has information.
• They're asked to contact PC Chris Carver at Hurricane Way Police Station on 101. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.