Man arrested after fight at Norwich café which saw window smashed with chair
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 30s was arrested after another man was assaulted and a window smashed at a Norwich café.
Police were called to a café in Woodgrove Parade just after 12pm on Saturday, October 6.
One of the men kicked and repeatedly punched the other, causing him to fall on the floor.
The suspect then picked up a chair and smashed one of the café windows before leaving the scene, police said.
Enquiries saw officers arrest a man, aged in his 30s, on suspicion of assault and criminal damage.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre for questioning, but was later bailed until 29 October pending further enquiries.
The business has since reopened, and repairs on the window are expected to take place soon, the owner said on Wednesday.
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 5 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 6 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 7 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 8 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 9 More than a dozen arrests in Norwich on Saturday night
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or anyone who has information.
• They're asked to contact PC Chris Carver at Hurricane Way Police Station on 101. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.