Man arrested after fight at Norwich café which saw window smashed with chair
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 30s was arrested after another man was assaulted and a window smashed at a Norwich café.
Police were called to a café in Woodgrove Parade just after 12pm on Saturday, October 6.
One of the men kicked and repeatedly punched the other, causing him to fall on the floor.
The suspect then picked up a chair and smashed one of the café windows before leaving the scene, police said.
Enquiries saw officers arrest a man, aged in his 30s, on suspicion of assault and criminal damage.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre for questioning, but was later bailed until 29 October pending further enquiries.
The business has since reopened, and repairs on the window are expected to take place soon, the owner said on Wednesday.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 5 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 6 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 7 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or anyone who has information.
• They're asked to contact PC Chris Carver at Hurricane Way Police Station on 101. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.