Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 40s has been arrested on suspicion of assault after an incident at a supermarket in which a woman suffered a head injury.
Police were called to Sainsbury's at Longwater in Costessey at 10.58am on Monday to reports of a disturbance.
"Emergency services were in attendance and a man was arrested at the scene," a police spokesperson confirmed.
The East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) confirmed it sent an ambulance and a rapid response to the vehicle.
"One patient was transported to Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital for further care," an EEAST spokesperson added.
It is understood the man arrested threw jars of sauce at the victim, which hit a Perspex screen and caused a loud noise.
The noise and the sauce spillage caused concern among witnesses and led to some on social media wondering if a gun had been fired, but no firearm was involved.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 3 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 4 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 5 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 6 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 7 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 8 Norwich firm fined £1m over explosion which killed much-loved father
- 9 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage