Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 40s has been arrested on suspicion of assault after an incident at a supermarket in which a woman suffered a head injury.
Police were called to Sainsbury's at Longwater in Costessey at 10.58am on Monday to reports of a disturbance.
"Emergency services were in attendance and a man was arrested at the scene," a police spokesperson confirmed.
The East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) confirmed it sent an ambulance and a rapid response to the vehicle.
"One patient was transported to Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital for further care," an EEAST spokesperson added.
It is understood the man arrested threw jars of sauce at the victim, which hit a Perspex screen and caused a loud noise.
The noise and the sauce spillage caused concern among witnesses and led to some on social media wondering if a gun had been fired, but no firearm was involved.
- 1 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 2 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 3 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 4 No more action against teenager arrested after fatal Thorpe stabbing
- 5 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 6 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 7 Suspect identified in search for elderly man who undressed in park
- 8 'Fantastic' new hospital ward welcomes first patients
- 9 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 10 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building