Man arrested after two sexual assaults in Norwich
A man has been arrested in connection with two sexual assaults which took place in Norwich last week.
Detectives are investigating the assaults which happened on Friday, April 1 and a 23-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the incidents.
The first incident happened in Dolphin Grove, off Mile Cross Road in the west of the city, between 4pm and 6pm.
A man offered to help an elderly man into a flat before subjecting him to a serious sexual assault.
The suspect also stole cash and a key to the property during the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Later that day between 8.45pm and 9pm a middle-aged woman was walking in Armes Street, in the same area, when she was approached by a man on a red cycle.
The victim was sexually assaulted before her attacker stole her purse from her handbag.
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 4 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 7 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 8 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 9 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 10 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
Officers believe the incidents are linked and the man arrested remains in custody at Bethel Street Police Station.
Anyone with information about either incident should contact DS Lee Diggins at Norfolk Constabulary on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.