Man arrested after two sexual assaults in Norwich
A man has been arrested in connection with two sexual assaults which took place in Norwich last week.
Detectives are investigating the assaults which happened on Friday, April 1 and a 23-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the incidents.
The first incident happened in Dolphin Grove, off Mile Cross Road in the west of the city, between 4pm and 6pm.
A man offered to help an elderly man into a flat before subjecting him to a serious sexual assault.
The suspect also stole cash and a key to the property during the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Later that day between 8.45pm and 9pm a middle-aged woman was walking in Armes Street, in the same area, when she was approached by a man on a red cycle.
The victim was sexually assaulted before her attacker stole her purse from her handbag.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 4 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
- 10 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
Officers believe the incidents are linked and the man arrested remains in custody at Bethel Street Police Station.
Anyone with information about either incident should contact DS Lee Diggins at Norfolk Constabulary on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.