Man arrested after two sexual assaults in Norwich
A man has been arrested in connection with two sexual assaults which took place in Norwich last week.
Detectives are investigating the assaults which happened on Friday, April 1 and a 23-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the incidents.
The first incident happened in Dolphin Grove, off Mile Cross Road in the west of the city, between 4pm and 6pm.
A man offered to help an elderly man into a flat before subjecting him to a serious sexual assault.
The suspect also stole cash and a key to the property during the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Later that day between 8.45pm and 9pm a middle-aged woman was walking in Armes Street, in the same area, when she was approached by a man on a red cycle.
The victim was sexually assaulted before her attacker stole her purse from her handbag.
- 1 NCFC transfer rumours: Canaries make approach to re-sign Skipp
- 2 Almost £2m spent on homes and land blighted by NDR Western Link
- 3 Newt discovery forces late changes to 166-home plan at old golf club
- 4 'It wasn't the best fit' - Aarons on the January bid that City turned down
- 5 Women accused of £20k shoplifting spree at store in Norwich
- 6 Pictures show huge yacht navigating Norfolk roads
- 7 9 of the best farm shops in Norfolk
- 8 Covid roadmap: What can you do from today?
- 9 Lord Mayor's Celebration 2021 cancelled
- 10 Girl, 15, injured in collision between pedestrian and cyclist
Officers believe the incidents are linked and the man arrested remains in custody at Bethel Street Police Station.
Anyone with information about either incident should contact DS Lee Diggins at Norfolk Constabulary on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.