Man arrested after firework causes ‘small explosion’ near Norwich building
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged after a firework exploded in a bin in Norwich
Emergency services were called to the Forum, on Millennium Plain, at about 1.50pm on Wednesday afternoon to reports of a 'small explosion'.
They found that a firework had been placed in a bin at the building's car park.
No-one was injured, but the Forum was initially evacuated as a precaution.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said they sent three crews - one each from Carrow, Earlham and Sprowston - to the incident, which was initially reported as a building fire on Bethel Street.
You may also want to watch:
Ben De-Vilder, aged 24, of Oak Tree Drive in Norwich, has been charged with throwing a firework in a public place.
He has been remanded into custody to appear before Norwich Magistrates Court today.
- 1 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 2 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 3 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 4 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 5 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 6 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 7 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 8 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 9 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 10 Part of A47 closed due to crash