Man arrested in connection with New Year's Eve car smashing spree
- Credit: Sonya Brown
A man has been arrested after several car windows and windscreens were smashed during a New Year's Eve crime spree.
Five cars in Beloe Avenue and nearby Ambrose Close were vandalised overnight between December 31 and January 1, according to a Norfolk Police spokeswoman.
She added: "Officers are investigating a number of incidents of criminal damage to vehicles in the Norwich area.
"A man aged in his 20s has been arrested and questioned in connection with the incidents.
"He has since been released under investigation pending further enquiries.”
Jon Watson, lead co-ordinator of Bowthorpe Neighbourhood Watch, said a similar incident had recently happened in nearby Wortham Close.
The incidents are currently not being linked.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 Busy city Riverside roads to stay closed as transport hub works begin
- 4 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 5 See inside this three-storey home with city views on sale for £370k
- 6 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
- 7 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 8 'A palace reborn': Inside the £13.5m revamp of Norwich Castle
- 9 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 10 Farmers' market near Norwich set to reopen for the new year
Mr Watson said: "This is very rare for Bowthorpe. We are disappointed and the people who live here are very upset.
"The neighbourhood watch volunteers will work with police and increase patrols in the area."