Man and woman arrested after police swoop on city street
- Credit: Supplied
Witnesses have spoken of how police swarmed on a quiet street as two people were arrested.
Police were called to reports of a stolen car in Ber Street at approximately 3.45pm on Wednesday, March 11.
Several police cars descended on Music House Lane, between Rouen Road and King Street in Norwich.
Following further enquiries two people - a man and a woman, both in their 40s - were arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle.
They both remain in police custody.
You may also want to watch:
One eyewitness, who preferred not to be named, said: 'It was pretty dramatic. About seven or eight police vehicles suddenly arrived and people were being handcuffed.
'I didn't see any scuffles and the police seem to have them quickly detained.'
- 1 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 8 Drink-driver caught on flyover after police spot 'worrying' driving
- 9 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals