Man and woman arrested after police swoop on city street
- Credit: Supplied
Witnesses have spoken of how police swarmed on a quiet street as two people were arrested.
Police were called to reports of a stolen car in Ber Street at approximately 3.45pm on Wednesday, March 11.
Several police cars descended on Music House Lane, between Rouen Road and King Street in Norwich.
Following further enquiries two people - a man and a woman, both in their 40s - were arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle.
They both remain in police custody.
You may also want to watch:
One eyewitness, who preferred not to be named, said: 'It was pretty dramatic. About seven or eight police vehicles suddenly arrived and people were being handcuffed.
'I didn't see any scuffles and the police seem to have them quickly detained.'
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 3 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 4 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 5 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 6 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 7 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 8 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 10 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears