Man and woman arrested after police swoop on city street
- Credit: Supplied
Witnesses have spoken of how police swarmed on a quiet street as two people were arrested.
Police were called to reports of a stolen car in Ber Street at approximately 3.45pm on Wednesday, March 11.
Several police cars descended on Music House Lane, between Rouen Road and King Street in Norwich.
Following further enquiries two people - a man and a woman, both in their 40s - were arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle.
They both remain in police custody.
You may also want to watch:
One eyewitness, who preferred not to be named, said: 'It was pretty dramatic. About seven or eight police vehicles suddenly arrived and people were being handcuffed.
'I didn't see any scuffles and the police seem to have them quickly detained.'
- 1 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 4 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 5 Full list of Norwich Market stalls open or delivering during lockdown
- 6 Tributes paid to 'happy and giggly' woman who died aged 23
- 7 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 9 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures