Man and woman arrested after police swoop on city street
- Credit: Supplied
Witnesses have spoken of how police swarmed on a quiet street as two people were arrested.
Police were called to reports of a stolen car in Ber Street at approximately 3.45pm on Wednesday, March 11.
Several police cars descended on Music House Lane, between Rouen Road and King Street in Norwich.
Following further enquiries two people - a man and a woman, both in their 40s - were arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle.
They both remain in police custody.
You may also want to watch:
One eyewitness, who preferred not to be named, said: 'It was pretty dramatic. About seven or eight police vehicles suddenly arrived and people were being handcuffed.
'I didn't see any scuffles and the police seem to have them quickly detained.'
- 1 Aldi approved - but who will build pedestrian crossing?
- 2 Partner pays tribute to 'love of my life' after Thorpe stabbing
- 3 Prison staff should have performed CPR on paedophile teacher, report finds
- 4 New hope for Open building as talks over future revealed
- 5 Homes in Norwich and Thorpe St Andrew may have no water
- 6 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 7 Sold out start for Norwich's Junkyard Market ahead of expansion across UK
- 8 Third time lucky? Couple's plea after dream wedding day cancelled again
- 9 RAC apologises to woman and autistic son for 'abandoning' them
- 10 Photographs show the sorry state of Anglia Square's buildings