Man admits attempted murder after Norfolk bird bath attack
- Credit: Archant
A man has admitted attempted murder after he smashed his neighbour over the head with a bird bath.
Adrian Lake, 60, repeatedly struck his neighbour over the head with the bird bath following an argument.
On Wednesday Lake, of Bellrope Lane, Wymondham, appeared at Norwich Crown Court when he pleaded guilty to a charge of attempted murder on September 20 last year.
He had previously admitted causing grievous bodily and criminal damage on the same date.
At an earlier hearing Lake, who is unrepresented, previously told Judge Anthony Bate: “I feel no remorse for what I’ve done.
“Given the earliest opportunity I would attack my victim again in the hope of killing him”.
The case adjourned until Friday (August 13) for sentence.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 2 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 3 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 8 'We promise to leave you alone': Unusual new policy for shop
- 9 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 10 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st