Investigation into stolen car crashed in NR3 continues
- Credit: Submitted
Enquiries are ongoing following a crash involving a stolen car in NR3.
A stolen black Audi TT was captured on CCTV ploughing into lamp posts before careering into a series of bike racks in the early hours of March 7 in Magdalen Road.
Police were called to the scene of the collision at 04.57am.
Video shows the car driving at speed before colliding with a lamp post, leaving debris in its path before skidding to a halt in the direction of oncoming traffic.
The driver of the vehicle then fled the scene.
The incident is linked to a robbery after a man forced his way into an address and stole a handbag containing car keys in Cowgate.
The man later took an Audi TT.
- 1 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 2 Riverside pub undergoes £80k refurb in time for summer
- 3 Sewage seeps through floorboards and blocks sinks in apartment block
- 4 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 5 Why NR3 is being dubbed the 'new Shoreditch'
- 6 Norwich cocktail bar and restaurant relaunches with new name and menu
- 7 Drivers bemused as underwear strewn across pedestrian crossing
- 8 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk: Drug dealer and man who raped teenage girl
- 10 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
Police enquiries are ongoing at this time.
Those with information can contact Sgt Mike Johnston at Norfolk Constabulary on 101 quoting crime reference 36/17066/22.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.