LATEST: Police go door-to-door after body find in Copenhagen Way, Norwich
Detectives are carrying out door-to-door inquiries in Copenhagen Way, Norwich, as part of their investigation into a suspicious death.
A postmortem to establish the woman's cause of death began at midday on Wednesday.
Officers were called to a property in Copenhagen Way at about 2pm on Tuesday.
Residents said five crime scene investigation vehicles, two patrol cars and two unmarked police cars were in the street for most of the afternoon.
One said: 'We assumed it must be something serious but we have only just found out that somebody has died and it has come as a shock.
You may also want to watch:
'A lot of the houses are rented and people come and go regularly so we don't know our neighbours very well. We didn't hear any disturbance until the police arrived.
'It is frightening when you first hear somebody has died but the police presence is reassuring.'
- 1 Reaction to plans for new Norwich Block entertainment venue
- 2 New 170-place school likely to get go-ahead
- 3 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 4 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 5 Costa Coffee to close Norwich high street cafe
- 6 Nut allergy fears spark battle for 'landmark' walnut tree
- 7 Tributes pour in for 'much loved lady' after body found
- 8 Pupils demand cycle lane as NDR sends 1200 cars their way during rush hour
- 9 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 10 Landlord pays tenants £980 following battle with 'extreme mould and damp'
It is believed the victim lived at the house and had been in a relationship with a man.
More details will appear online and in tomorrow's newspaper.