LATEST: Police go door-to-door after body find in Copenhagen Way, Norwich
Detectives are carrying out door-to-door inquiries in Copenhagen Way, Norwich, as part of their investigation into a suspicious death.
A postmortem to establish the woman's cause of death began at midday on Wednesday.
Officers were called to a property in Copenhagen Way at about 2pm on Tuesday.
Residents said five crime scene investigation vehicles, two patrol cars and two unmarked police cars were in the street for most of the afternoon.
One said: 'We assumed it must be something serious but we have only just found out that somebody has died and it has come as a shock.
You may also want to watch:
'A lot of the houses are rented and people come and go regularly so we don't know our neighbours very well. We didn't hear any disturbance until the police arrived.
'It is frightening when you first hear somebody has died but the police presence is reassuring.'
- 1 Police called as Horsford tree-hacker strikes again
- 2 Norwich nostalgia: Visit Eaton Park in the 1990s
- 3 Queues and pump closures continue across city
- 4 Winners of the Eat Out Norwich Awards 2021 announced
- 5 Cob yobs launch crops at homes in bizarre attack
- 6 'Goth' mum heckled in street hits back at haters
- 7 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 8 Three cars smash into wall at petrol station as bosses take action
- 9 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 10 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
It is believed the victim lived at the house and had been in a relationship with a man.
More details will appear online and in tomorrow's newspaper.