Jury sworn in to try murder trial after man stabbed to death
- Credit: Archant
A jury has been sworn in to try the case of a man accused of the murder of a 42-year-old who was stabbed in the neck following a disturbance in a Norfolk town.
Officers arrived to find the man, who has since been identified as Thomas Moore, on nearby Bacton Road.
He died at the scene.
Matthew Constantinou, 42, of Antingham Drive, North Walsham, has denied murder and appeared at Norwich Crown Court on Monday (April 26) for the start of his trial.
He appeared in the dock wearing a grey sweater and white face mask which he kept on during the proceedings.
A jury of eight men and four women were sworn in to try the case.
They will return tomorrow (Tuesday, April 27) when the case will be opened.
- 1 Shabby shed being used by car hobbyist is 'planning breach', council says
- 2 Riverside assault witness thought adults were breaking it up
- 3 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 4 Charity worker risks losing THOUSANDS due to ongoing moving delays
- 5 5 of the best heated pub gardens in Norwich
- 6 Tributes paid to city busman Peter, the 'life and soul' of his family
- 7 'It looks like a supermarket car park': Fury over floodlit city park
- 8 Rats and mice invading walls of city homes as winter kicks in
- 9 Teenage girls in hospital after unprovoked mob attack
- 10 MP to hold meeting over huge patient backlog at city surgery
Peter Gair appeared for the prosecution and Elizabeth Marsh QC for the defence.
As previously reported the victim’s family have described Mr Moore as a “gentle soul” in a tribute to him.
A statement from his family said: “He was a gentle soul with a free spirit who will be greatly missed by his family. We would ask for privacy at this very difficult time.”