Woman arrested after city centre row
- Credit: Archant
Police were called to Norwich city centre to deal with a row between two people.
It happened in Hay Hill at around 12.30pm on Thursday.
Police confirmed that one woman had been arrested at the scene and taken into custody.
An eye-witness said there was an altercation between two people, one of whom appeared to be drunk.
A police spokesperson said: "Officers were called to an incident in the Haymarket in Norwich at around 12.30pm today following reports a female was being verbally abusive and making threats.
You may also want to watch:
"A girl, aged in her late teens and from the Norwich area, was arrested a short time later on suspicion of a public order offence.
"She remains in custody at this time."
- 1 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 2 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 3 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 4 No more action against teenager arrested after fatal Thorpe stabbing
- 5 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 6 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 7 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 8 Suspect identified in search for elderly man who undressed in park
- 9 'Fantastic' new hospital ward welcomes first patients
- 10 Power cut fix delayed due to tree branch stuck in overhead lines
They added an off-duty officer intervened, before more of his colleagues showed up.
The arrested woman is being processed by police.