Woman arrested after city centre row
- Credit: Archant
Police were called to Norwich city centre to deal with a row between two people.
It happened in Hay Hill at around 12.30pm on Thursday.
Police confirmed that one woman had been arrested at the scene and taken into custody.
An eye-witness said there was an altercation between two people, one of whom appeared to be drunk.
A police spokesperson said: "Officers were called to an incident in the Haymarket in Norwich at around 12.30pm today following reports a female was being verbally abusive and making threats.
"A girl, aged in her late teens and from the Norwich area, was arrested a short time later on suspicion of a public order offence.
"She remains in custody at this time."
- 1 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 2 'Fixer upper' lodge home goes up for sale near Norwich city centre
- 3 Tourist slapped with £100 parking fine for cash machine stop
- 4 Burger off! Petition launched to scrap new McDonald's plan
- 5 Walker furious as beauty spot 'ruined' by bush chopping
- 6 Battered bus shelter wrapped in police tape after delivery van smash
- 7 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash
- 10 'Please help': Family's plea for support for superfan Lily's funeral
They added an off-duty officer intervened, before more of his colleagues showed up.
The arrested woman is being processed by police.