Woman arrested after city centre row
- Credit: Archant
Police were called to Norwich city centre to deal with a row between two people.
It happened in Hay Hill at around 12.30pm on Thursday.
Police confirmed that one woman had been arrested at the scene and taken into custody.
An eye-witness said there was an altercation between two people, one of whom appeared to be drunk.
A police spokesperson said: "Officers were called to an incident in the Haymarket in Norwich at around 12.30pm today following reports a female was being verbally abusive and making threats.
You may also want to watch:
"A girl, aged in her late teens and from the Norwich area, was arrested a short time later on suspicion of a public order offence.
"She remains in custody at this time."
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 4 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 5 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 8 Praise for city's welcoming spirit after 'phenomenal' Norwich Pride
- 9 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 10 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
They added an off-duty officer intervened, before more of his colleagues showed up.
The arrested woman is being processed by police.