Woman arrested after city centre row
- Credit: Archant
Police were called to Norwich city centre to deal with a row between two people.
It happened in Hay Hill at around 12.30pm on Thursday.
Police confirmed that one woman had been arrested at the scene and taken into custody.
An eye-witness said there was an altercation between two people, one of whom appeared to be drunk.
A police spokesperson said: "Officers were called to an incident in the Haymarket in Norwich at around 12.30pm today following reports a female was being verbally abusive and making threats.
"A girl, aged in her late teens and from the Norwich area, was arrested a short time later on suspicion of a public order offence.
"She remains in custody at this time."
- 1 WATCH: Taxi driver throws punch as narrow street causes aggro
- 2 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 3 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 4 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 5 City garden centre launches street food nights with popular vendors
- 6 Most desirable places to live in Norwich according to estate agents
- 7 'You owe us!': Furious holidaymakers demand compo
- 8 Cabbies could protest over lost £400 a month
- 9 'Disgusting!' Woman's fury over Simply Red toilets and access
- 10 Staff 'distraught' after sought-after nursery closes
They added an off-duty officer intervened, before more of his colleagues showed up.
The arrested woman is being processed by police.