Joe Storey to go on trial accused of murder of Norwich mother of two Kerri McAuley
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A man accused of the murder of a Norwich mother of two is to go on trial today.
Kerri McAuley, 32, was found deceased at a property in Southalls Way on Sunday, January 8.
A Home Office post mortem examination revealed Ms McAuley was subjected to a severe blunt force assault.
Joe Storey, 26, of St John Street, Norwich, who is believed to be Ms McAuley's former partner, was charged with her murder and is due to go on trial at Norwich Crown Court today after he denied the offence.
Tributes poured in following the death of Ms McAuley who was described as 'beautiful inside and out'.
You may also want to watch:
Her heartbroken family issued a statement thanking family and friends for their support following Ms McAuley's death.
Her mother, who described Ms McAuley as 'the most awesome and everything mummy', said 'The love and support displayed by her family and friends is overwhelming and immensely comforting.'
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight