Joe Storey to go on trial accused of murder of Norwich mother of two Kerri McAuley
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A man accused of the murder of a Norwich mother of two is to go on trial today.
Kerri McAuley, 32, was found deceased at a property in Southalls Way on Sunday, January 8.
A Home Office post mortem examination revealed Ms McAuley was subjected to a severe blunt force assault.
Joe Storey, 26, of St John Street, Norwich, who is believed to be Ms McAuley's former partner, was charged with her murder and is due to go on trial at Norwich Crown Court today after he denied the offence.
Tributes poured in following the death of Ms McAuley who was described as 'beautiful inside and out'.
You may also want to watch:
Her heartbroken family issued a statement thanking family and friends for their support following Ms McAuley's death.
Her mother, who described Ms McAuley as 'the most awesome and everything mummy', said 'The love and support displayed by her family and friends is overwhelming and immensely comforting.'
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 Langleys toy shop building for rent for £45,000 a year
- 3 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 4 Campaigners angry as park hedge cut down for tennis court scheme
- 5 'Unacceptable': Council hits out at soiled clothing left in public toilets
- 6 CCTV shows man who used stolen bank card at three Norwich stores
- 7 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house
- 8 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 9 Norwich woman's new cookie company has 'gone crazy'
- 10 Why Norwich must stop Debenhams becoming city centre black hole