Joe Storey to go on trial accused of murder of Norwich mother of two Kerri McAuley
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A man accused of the murder of a Norwich mother of two is to go on trial today.
Kerri McAuley, 32, was found deceased at a property in Southalls Way on Sunday, January 8.
A Home Office post mortem examination revealed Ms McAuley was subjected to a severe blunt force assault.
Joe Storey, 26, of St John Street, Norwich, who is believed to be Ms McAuley's former partner, was charged with her murder and is due to go on trial at Norwich Crown Court today after he denied the offence.
Tributes poured in following the death of Ms McAuley who was described as 'beautiful inside and out'.
You may also want to watch:
Her heartbroken family issued a statement thanking family and friends for their support following Ms McAuley's death.
Her mother, who described Ms McAuley as 'the most awesome and everything mummy', said 'The love and support displayed by her family and friends is overwhelming and immensely comforting.'
- 1 Teenager suffers stab wounds in fight in Norwich
- 2 Daily coronavirus cases in Norfolk soar again
- 3 Welcome to our new website
- 4 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 5 City car park to close until summer 2021 for coronavirus testing site
- 6 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 7 New facilities open up Norwich river for paddle boards and canoes
- 8 'Poster boy for the city' - Norwich Market to star in Sky advert
- 9 Thieves steal electric skateboard in break-ins
- 10 Norfolk needs own Covid tier, say MPs ahead of restrictions decision