Joe Storey to go on trial accused of murder of Norwich mother of two Kerri McAuley
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A man accused of the murder of a Norwich mother of two is to go on trial today.
Kerri McAuley, 32, was found deceased at a property in Southalls Way on Sunday, January 8.
A Home Office post mortem examination revealed Ms McAuley was subjected to a severe blunt force assault.
Joe Storey, 26, of St John Street, Norwich, who is believed to be Ms McAuley's former partner, was charged with her murder and is due to go on trial at Norwich Crown Court today after he denied the offence.
Tributes poured in following the death of Ms McAuley who was described as 'beautiful inside and out'.
You may also want to watch:
Her heartbroken family issued a statement thanking family and friends for their support following Ms McAuley's death.
Her mother, who described Ms McAuley as 'the most awesome and everything mummy', said 'The love and support displayed by her family and friends is overwhelming and immensely comforting.'
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 3 'Accidents waiting to happen' - Mum vows not to give up 20mph fight
- 4 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 5 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 6 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 7 Former village pub for sale as home
- 8 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 9 Opposition grows over charges to park in Norwich parks
- 10 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel