Man appears in court charged with knife attack in Norwich
- Credit: Paul Hewitt/Archant Norfolk
A man has appeared in court accused of attacking someone with a knife in Norwich.
Marcello Carvalho, 21, appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court charged with wounding with intent, possessing a bladed article, namely a flick knife, in a public place and racially/religiously aggravated intentional harassment.
The offences are said to have happened on June 17 this year in the Dereham Road area of Norwich.
No pleas were taken, as the wounding with intent matter is so serious it can only be heard at the crown court.
Eleanor Sheerin, prosecuting, said the other matters were linked and should also be sent up to the crown court.
You may also want to watch:
Carvalho, from Ipswich, who appeared before city magistrates on Wednesday, October 14, had the case formally sent to Norwich Crown Court on November 11.
The defendant was granted unconditional bail until the next hearing in the crown court next month.
- 1 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 4 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 5 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 10 Pasta and cocktails bar opens in Norwich