Man appears in court charged with knife attack in Norwich
- Credit: Paul Hewitt/Archant Norfolk
A man has appeared in court accused of attacking someone with a knife in Norwich.
Marcello Carvalho, 21, appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court charged with wounding with intent, possessing a bladed article, namely a flick knife, in a public place and racially/religiously aggravated intentional harassment.
The offences are said to have happened on June 17 this year in the Dereham Road area of Norwich.
No pleas were taken, as the wounding with intent matter is so serious it can only be heard at the crown court.
Eleanor Sheerin, prosecuting, said the other matters were linked and should also be sent up to the crown court.
You may also want to watch:
Carvalho, from Ipswich, who appeared before city magistrates on Wednesday, October 14, had the case formally sent to Norwich Crown Court on November 11.
The defendant was granted unconditional bail until the next hearing in the crown court next month.
- 1 Landlord fined £6,100 for state of Norwich apartment block
- 2 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 3 Vulnerable 15-year-old brought to Norwich from London to deal drugs
- 4 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 5 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 6 Tables fill at restaurants and pubs as bar serves 450 on reopening day
- 7 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 8 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 9 Work starts to transform former bakery into £13m site
- 10 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'