Man appears in court charged with knife attack in Norwich
- Credit: Paul Hewitt/Archant Norfolk
A man has appeared in court accused of attacking someone with a knife in Norwich.
Marcello Carvalho, 21, appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court charged with wounding with intent, possessing a bladed article, namely a flick knife, in a public place and racially/religiously aggravated intentional harassment.
The offences are said to have happened on June 17 this year in the Dereham Road area of Norwich.
No pleas were taken, as the wounding with intent matter is so serious it can only be heard at the crown court.
Eleanor Sheerin, prosecuting, said the other matters were linked and should also be sent up to the crown court.
You may also want to watch:
Carvalho, from Ipswich, who appeared before city magistrates on Wednesday, October 14, had the case formally sent to Norwich Crown Court on November 11.
The defendant was granted unconditional bail until the next hearing in the crown court next month.
- 1 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 2 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 3 Former village pub for sale as home
- 4 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 5 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 6 Opposition grows over charges to park in Norwich parks
- 7 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 8 21 bins left on street sparks debate on keeping pavements clear
- 9 'Accidents waiting to happen' - Mum vows not to give up 20mph fight
- 10 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years