Man appears in court charged with knife attack in Norwich
- Credit: Paul Hewitt/Archant Norfolk
A man has appeared in court accused of attacking someone with a knife in Norwich.
Marcello Carvalho, 21, appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court charged with wounding with intent, possessing a bladed article, namely a flick knife, in a public place and racially/religiously aggravated intentional harassment.
The offences are said to have happened on June 17 this year in the Dereham Road area of Norwich.
No pleas were taken, as the wounding with intent matter is so serious it can only be heard at the crown court.
Eleanor Sheerin, prosecuting, said the other matters were linked and should also be sent up to the crown court.
You may also want to watch:
Carvalho, from Ipswich, who appeared before city magistrates on Wednesday, October 14, had the case formally sent to Norwich Crown Court on November 11.
The defendant was granted unconditional bail until the next hearing in the crown court next month.
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 3 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 8 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 9 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 10 Looking back at one of the city's favourite outdoor swimming pools