Inquest opens into death of teenager found in woodland near Dereham
PUBLISHED: 14:03 08 October 2018 | UPDATED: 15:06 08 October 2018
Archant Norfolk 2016
An inquest has opened into the death of a teenager found in woodland.
Assistant Norfolk coroner Johanna Thompson said Conor Manly, 18, died at the woodlands off Burgh Lane in Mattishall.
A statement from the Conor’s cousin was read to the court, confirming that he was born on October 19, 1999 in King’s Lynn.
He lived at Burgh Lane in Mattishall.
Ms Thompson said that he died at the woodlands, near his home, and was found on October 3.
The cause of death was “due to hanging”, Ms Thompson said.
Evidence is being obtained and the inquest will be held on January 9 next year at Norfolk Coroner’s Court.
Tributes of support for Conor’s family have flooded in via social media.
It comes following a post on Facebook by The Windmill Inn at Necton, asking for the family to be given “privacy and dignity” during this time.
The heartfelt post read: “It with great sadness that I have to post this on behalf of Colin and Jenny Manly and family, Colin’s youngest son Conor passed away on Tuesday. They would like to ask that you respect their privacy and dignity at this tragic time.”
Since then, dozens of well-wishers have replied, including those who originally shared a post on social media appealing for information after Conor went missing.
Many described the teen as “lovely” and sent condolences to the family.
Lorraine Gill, of Dereham, said: “Much love to all the family at this heartbreaking news. Many of us are deeply saddened at work to hear the news.”
Jean Irwin added: “Our heartfelt condolences to all the family.”
While Michael Germain, of Necton, wrote “rip Connor xx.”
Described as a “lovely” family, Sally McMurdie, of Watton, said they were “in our hearts.”
And Christine Moore, of Swaffham, added: “I’m so so sorry to hear this very sad news my heartfelt thoughts go out to all the family xxx.”
Val Healey also paid tribute to Conor. She wrote: “So sorry your lovely son has passed away.”
While Andy Daynes, of Hingham, said he was “shocked” by the news.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Norwich Evening News. Click the link in the orange box below for details.