Teenage girl arrested after reports of knife being waved in city park
- Credit: Victoria Pertusa
A teenager has been arrested after reports of a knife being waved at a group of girls.
The incident took place between 6pm and 7pm on Monday, March 25 at Eaton Park in Norwich.
A 17-year-old has been charged with assault, possession of a bladed weapon and affray.
A police spokesman said: 'No-one was stabbed but it appears that a scuffle broke out and two girls sustained cuts to their hands.
'A girl was arrested after reports that she had been waving a knife at a group of other girls.
You may also want to watch:
'The 17-year-old will be appearing at Norwich Youth Court on April 9.'
The arrest comes after an Old Catton teen was stabbed and stomped on in a gang attack.
- 1 Man charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 2 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 3 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 4 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
- 5 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 6 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 7 Kill the Bill protestors take to Norwich streets
- 8 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 9 Sweepers clean up in city after busy Saturday night - and punters behave
- 10 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
The 16-year-old was knifed in the back following a fight involving 10 youths in Mountbatten Drive, Old Catton.
He sustained a fractured skull and puncture wounds to his head, arm, back and hand in the attack, which happened at about 9.30pm on Friday, March 22.