Teenage girl arrested after reports of knife being waved in city park
- Credit: Victoria Pertusa
A teenager has been arrested after reports of a knife being waved at a group of girls.
The incident took place between 6pm and 7pm on Monday, March 25 at Eaton Park in Norwich.
A 17-year-old has been charged with assault, possession of a bladed weapon and affray.
A police spokesman said: 'No-one was stabbed but it appears that a scuffle broke out and two girls sustained cuts to their hands.
'A girl was arrested after reports that she had been waving a knife at a group of other girls.
'The 17-year-old will be appearing at Norwich Youth Court on April 9.'
The arrest comes after an Old Catton teen was stabbed and stomped on in a gang attack.
- 1 'Barcelona-style' redevelopment of Next store mooted
- 2 Rumours Sweet Briar Road will close again QUASHED by council
- 3 Hunt to track vandals who broke into jet after cutting wire fence
- 4 5 affordable homes for first-time buyers currently for sale in Norwich
- 5 Is this fish and chip-themed afternoon tea the perfect Jubilee treat?
- 6 Neighbours shock at ‘unexplained’ sudden death of woman
- 7 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 8 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 9 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 10 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
The 16-year-old was knifed in the back following a fight involving 10 youths in Mountbatten Drive, Old Catton.
He sustained a fractured skull and puncture wounds to his head, arm, back and hand in the attack, which happened at about 9.30pm on Friday, March 22.