Teenage girl arrested after reports of knife being waved in city park
- Credit: Victoria Pertusa
A teenager has been arrested after reports of a knife being waved at a group of girls.
The incident took place between 6pm and 7pm on Monday, March 25 at Eaton Park in Norwich.
A 17-year-old has been charged with assault, possession of a bladed weapon and affray.
A police spokesman said: 'No-one was stabbed but it appears that a scuffle broke out and two girls sustained cuts to their hands.
'A girl was arrested after reports that she had been waving a knife at a group of other girls.
You may also want to watch:
'The 17-year-old will be appearing at Norwich Youth Court on April 9.'
The arrest comes after an Old Catton teen was stabbed and stomped on in a gang attack.
- 1 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 2 Murder victim is named as accused under armed guard in hospital
- 3 Fashion chain's £50,000 debt written off
- 4 Father stabbed to death 'after argument about motorbike noise'
- 5 Man killed and three wounded in multiple stabbing
- 6 Man dies after 'industrial incident' at farm
- 7 Neighbours left shocked by fatal stabbing in 'quiet neighbourhood'
- 8 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 9 Man hiding in bathroom arrested after police find drugs at city home
- 10 Churros and Chorizo to open park cafe near Norwich
The 16-year-old was knifed in the back following a fight involving 10 youths in Mountbatten Drive, Old Catton.
He sustained a fractured skull and puncture wounds to his head, arm, back and hand in the attack, which happened at about 9.30pm on Friday, March 22.