Teenage girl arrested after reports of knife being waved in city park
- Credit: Victoria Pertusa
A teenager has been arrested after reports of a knife being waved at a group of girls.
The incident took place between 6pm and 7pm on Monday, March 25 at Eaton Park in Norwich.
A 17-year-old has been charged with assault, possession of a bladed weapon and affray.
A police spokesman said: 'No-one was stabbed but it appears that a scuffle broke out and two girls sustained cuts to their hands.
'A girl was arrested after reports that she had been waving a knife at a group of other girls.
You may also want to watch:
'The 17-year-old will be appearing at Norwich Youth Court on April 9.'
The arrest comes after an Old Catton teen was stabbed and stomped on in a gang attack.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 3 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 4 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 5 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 7 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 10 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
The 16-year-old was knifed in the back following a fight involving 10 youths in Mountbatten Drive, Old Catton.
He sustained a fractured skull and puncture wounds to his head, arm, back and hand in the attack, which happened at about 9.30pm on Friday, March 22.