Teenage girl arrested after reports of knife being waved in city park
- Credit: Victoria Pertusa
A teenager has been arrested after reports of a knife being waved at a group of girls.
The incident took place between 6pm and 7pm on Monday, March 25 at Eaton Park in Norwich.
A 17-year-old has been charged with assault, possession of a bladed weapon and affray.
A police spokesman said: 'No-one was stabbed but it appears that a scuffle broke out and two girls sustained cuts to their hands.
'A girl was arrested after reports that she had been waving a knife at a group of other girls.
You may also want to watch:
'The 17-year-old will be appearing at Norwich Youth Court on April 9.'
The arrest comes after an Old Catton teen was stabbed and stomped on in a gang attack.
- 1 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 6 Financial clause revealed in Rashica move to Norwich City
- 7 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 Woman crashed into two cars after drinking at friend's home, court hears
- 10 Two men charged with aggravated burglary at used car lot
The 16-year-old was knifed in the back following a fight involving 10 youths in Mountbatten Drive, Old Catton.
He sustained a fractured skull and puncture wounds to his head, arm, back and hand in the attack, which happened at about 9.30pm on Friday, March 22.