Four arrested over fighting and knife
- Credit: Scott Catchpole
Four people were arrested on suspicion of affray and possession of a knife following reports of a fight in Norwich.
Police were called to Aylsham Road at about 4pm on Thursday, July 2 following reports that a number of people were fighting.
Eyewitnesses reported a large police presence in the area with marked and unmarked police vehicles swooping on the scene.
Scott Catchpole, of Rackham Road, watched the drama unfold in an area close to Pointers Field Park.
He said: “People were fighting in the park. There were around 15 to 20 police officers and undercover police cars and police vans and about 12 police cars parked all around that area.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said four people, two men and two women, aged between 29 and 40, had been arrested on suspicion of affray.
They added: “One of the male suspects was also arrested on suspicion of possession of a knife after officers seized a weapon near to the scene.”
- 1 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 9 Diggers roll into village as work begins on 267 home development
- 10 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
All four people arrested were questioned at Wymondham Police Investigation Centre and later released under investigation while enquiries continue.