Four arrested over fighting and knife
- Credit: Scott Catchpole
Four people were arrested on suspicion of affray and possession of a knife following reports of a fight in Norwich.
Police were called to Aylsham Road at about 4pm on Thursday, July 2 following reports that a number of people were fighting.
Eyewitnesses reported a large police presence in the area with marked and unmarked police vehicles swooping on the scene.
Scott Catchpole, of Rackham Road, watched the drama unfold in an area close to Pointers Field Park.
He said: “People were fighting in the park. There were around 15 to 20 police officers and undercover police cars and police vans and about 12 police cars parked all around that area.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said four people, two men and two women, aged between 29 and 40, had been arrested on suspicion of affray.
They added: “One of the male suspects was also arrested on suspicion of possession of a knife after officers seized a weapon near to the scene.”
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 8 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 9 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 10 Teen motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash with bus in Norwich
All four people arrested were questioned at Wymondham Police Investigation Centre and later released under investigation while enquiries continue.