Former policeman in court in Norwich charged with rape and assaults
A former policeman has appeared in court after being charged with rape and assault.
Jason Corley was based at Sizewell in Suffolk where he worked with the Civil Nuclear Constabulary.
The 41-year-old, of Oaklands, Framingham Earl, near Poringland has been charged with four offences, including rape and two of assault causing actual bodily harm (ABH).
The offences are said to have taken place between August 1, 2020 and February 3, 2021.
Corley appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court on Monday (October 18 2021) when he spoke only to confirm his details.
The case was formally sent to Norwich Crown Court on November 15.
Corley was granted conditional bail.
- 1 Winter Wonderland in Norwich park cancelled – but may move elsewhere
- 2 'Dude, where's my car?!' City girl's new Fiesta vanishes
- 3 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 4 New Burger King site approved in city centre
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 City restaurant offers free Christmas meals to 'anyone that needs it'
- 7 Christmas train with tunnel of lights running at Norwich park
- 8 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 9 Kitchen for Christmas? People out of luck with builders booked until 2023
- 10 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears