Weapon used in brawl in Norwich minutes after England win
- Credit: Daniel Moxon
A fight broke out in a Norwich street on Wednesday night, just a few minutes after England confirmed their place in the Euro 2020 final.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said officers were called at around 10.45pm to Ber Street.
A weapon was seen during the fight, which happened close to the Berstrete Gates pub and involved up to six people.
The East of England Ambulance Service sent two ambulances, a rapid response vehicle and the East Anglian Air Ambulance to the scene, after being told multiple people had been injured.
But when they arrived at the scene, no patients were found.
Police arrested a male teenager on suspicion of affray and he remains in custody.
Officers continue to investigate the incident.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 6 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 7 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 8 Norwich man wanted by police
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
A witness said they saw two police cars at the scene as well as the ambulances.