Weapon used in brawl in Norwich minutes after England win
- Credit: Daniel Moxon
A fight broke out in a Norwich street on Wednesday night, just a few minutes after England confirmed their place in the Euro 2020 final.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said officers were called at around 10.45pm to Ber Street.
A weapon was seen during the fight, which happened close to the Berstrete Gates pub and involved up to six people.
The East of England Ambulance Service sent two ambulances, a rapid response vehicle and the East Anglian Air Ambulance to the scene, after being told multiple people had been injured.
But when they arrived at the scene, no patients were found.
Police arrested a male teenager on suspicion of affray and he remains in custody.
Officers continue to investigate the incident.
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 5 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 6 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 7 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 8 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 9 More than a dozen arrests in Norwich on Saturday night
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale
A witness said they saw two police cars at the scene as well as the ambulances.