Police continue to investigate report of rape in Norwich
- Credit: Sarah Burgess
Police are continuing to investigate reports a woman was raped in Norwich.
Police were called at around 5.30am on Sunday, September 5, to reports that a woman had been raped in Wherry Road.
A cordon was put in place at the scene, near to the Riverside swimming pool, but has since been lifted.
A man in his 20s was arrested in connection with the incident and has been released while enquiries continue
A Norfolk Police spokesman said "enquiries are ongoing" into the incident.
Anyone with information should contact Norfolk police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 2 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 5 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 6 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 8 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 9 Pensioner can't leave home because of 'obstacle course' outside
- 10 'Amazing' teen denied urgent mental health referral weeks before death