Suspected drugs den issued notice in Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Police have carried out another successful Operation Gravity exercise, having secured a misuse of drugs notice for a flat in Pelham Road, Norwich.
The police worked in partnership with the Norwich City Council to address complaints of drugs dealing from the site.
The reports had been received but were not verified.
The notice, under section eight of the Misuse of Drugs Act, informs occupants or the manager of the premises that it is an offence to allow the production, supply, preparation or smoking of drugs on their premises.
The notice goes on to state that the Norfolk Police will inform the relevant housing provider if any of the above activities are identified, potentially leading to tenancy enforcement action.
You may also want to watch:
The notice was applied to the address on July 20.
A knife was also discovered in Pelham Road on the same day, however officers are not linking the incidents.
- 1 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 2 First Bus investigates 'racist incident' involving driver and girl, 14
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 School told to improve three times since 2015 praised by Ofsted
- 5 Fourth time lucky as couple marry at last - with guests!
- 6 Norwich man's £500k pay-out for brain injury suffered in work accident
- 7 Parents open up after teen son's near-fatal motorbike crash
- 8 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 9 Golden Triangle terrace for sale for £545k - and it has off-street parking
- 10 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk