Suspected drugs den issued notice in Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Police have carried out another successful Operation Gravity exercise, having secured a misuse of drugs notice for a flat in Pelham Road, Norwich.
The police worked in partnership with the Norwich City Council to address complaints of drugs dealing from the site.
The reports had been received but were not verified.
The notice, under section eight of the Misuse of Drugs Act, informs occupants or the manager of the premises that it is an offence to allow the production, supply, preparation or smoking of drugs on their premises.
The notice goes on to state that the Norfolk Police will inform the relevant housing provider if any of the above activities are identified, potentially leading to tenancy enforcement action.
You may also want to watch:
The notice was applied to the address on July 20.
A knife was also discovered in Pelham Road on the same day, however officers are not linking the incidents.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 5 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 6 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 7 'Music, food and motor cars': Festival set to return to Norwich
- 8 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 9 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 10 See artist's fascinating pictures of Norwich's Castle Mall construction