Suspected drugs den issued notice in Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Police have carried out another successful Operation Gravity exercise, having secured a misuse of drugs notice for a flat in Pelham Road, Norwich.
The police worked in partnership with the Norwich City Council to address complaints of drugs dealing from the site.
The reports had been received but were not verified.
The notice, under section eight of the Misuse of Drugs Act, informs occupants or the manager of the premises that it is an offence to allow the production, supply, preparation or smoking of drugs on their premises.
The notice goes on to state that the Norfolk Police will inform the relevant housing provider if any of the above activities are identified, potentially leading to tenancy enforcement action.
You may also want to watch:
The notice was applied to the address on July 20.
A knife was also discovered in Pelham Road on the same day, however officers are not linking the incidents.
- 1 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 2 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 3 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 4 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 5 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 6 Norfolk man jailed for historic child sex abuse offences
- 7 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 8 Former policeman in court in Norwich charged with rape and assaults
- 9 TikTok craze sparks calls to stop sale of beans to under-18s
- 10 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids