Suspected drugs den issued notice in Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Police have carried out another successful Operation Gravity exercise, having secured a misuse of drugs notice for a flat in Pelham Road, Norwich.
The police worked in partnership with the Norwich City Council to address complaints of drugs dealing from the site.
The reports had been received but were not verified.
The notice, under section eight of the Misuse of Drugs Act, informs occupants or the manager of the premises that it is an offence to allow the production, supply, preparation or smoking of drugs on their premises.
The notice goes on to state that the Norfolk Police will inform the relevant housing provider if any of the above activities are identified, potentially leading to tenancy enforcement action.
You may also want to watch:
The notice was applied to the address on July 20.
A knife was also discovered in Pelham Road on the same day, however officers are not linking the incidents.
- 1 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 2 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
- 3 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 4 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 5 Jubilant scenes as pub punters enjoy first city Friday night back
- 6 Kill the Bill protestors take to Norwich streets
- 7 Man charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 8 Probe into woman's death continues following suspected arson
- 9 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 10 Police quiz man over murder and three attempted murders