Driver caught going 100mph on A11 tests positive for alcohol and drugs
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A driver caught doing 100mph on the A11 provided positive results for alcohol and drugs.
The motorist was one of two stopped for speeding at 100mph by Sgt Chris Harris on the A11 at Wymondham on Sunday night.
After being pulled over, the driver blew a positive breath test and provided a positive road side drugs test.
Mr Harris tweeted: 'Driver under limit on alcohol evidential specimen & released pending drug blood results.'
He also added: 'Just finishing and reflecting on some disappointing results tonight including 2 drivers I stopped #A11 Wymondham.'
You may also want to watch:
And on Sunday on the A47 police stopped eight drivers going in excess of 100mph.
The motorists were caught by officers from Norfolk and Suffolk's Roads Policing Unit on the A47 at Terrington St John.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 4 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 5 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 8 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 'They don't add up' - Mixed reaction to city development plans
Speeds ranged from 102mph to 120mph. Officers on Twitter confirmed all drivers have been reported.