Driver caught going 100mph on A11 tests positive for alcohol and drugs
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A driver caught doing 100mph on the A11 provided positive results for alcohol and drugs.
The motorist was one of two stopped for speeding at 100mph by Sgt Chris Harris on the A11 at Wymondham on Sunday night.
After being pulled over, the driver blew a positive breath test and provided a positive road side drugs test.
Mr Harris tweeted: 'Driver under limit on alcohol evidential specimen & released pending drug blood results.'
He also added: 'Just finishing and reflecting on some disappointing results tonight including 2 drivers I stopped #A11 Wymondham.'
And on Sunday on the A47 police stopped eight drivers going in excess of 100mph.
The motorists were caught by officers from Norfolk and Suffolk's Roads Policing Unit on the A47 at Terrington St John.
- 1 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 2 'Fixer upper' lodge home goes up for sale near Norwich city centre
- 3 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
- 4 'Not our fault' - City man hits back on abandoned caravan after land dispute
- 5 Tourist slapped with £100 parking fine for cash machine stop
- 6 Burger off! Petition launched to scrap new McDonald's plan
- 7 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash
- 8 Battered bus shelter wrapped in police tape after delivery van smash
- 9 'Please help': Family's plea for support for superfan Lily's funeral
- 10 Walker furious as beauty spot 'ruined' by bush chopping
Speeds ranged from 102mph to 120mph. Officers on Twitter confirmed all drivers have been reported.