Driver caught going 100mph on A11 tests positive for alcohol and drugs
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A driver caught doing 100mph on the A11 provided positive results for alcohol and drugs.
The motorist was one of two stopped for speeding at 100mph by Sgt Chris Harris on the A11 at Wymondham on Sunday night.
After being pulled over, the driver blew a positive breath test and provided a positive road side drugs test.
Mr Harris tweeted: 'Driver under limit on alcohol evidential specimen & released pending drug blood results.'
He also added: 'Just finishing and reflecting on some disappointing results tonight including 2 drivers I stopped #A11 Wymondham.'
You may also want to watch:
And on Sunday on the A47 police stopped eight drivers going in excess of 100mph.
The motorists were caught by officers from Norfolk and Suffolk's Roads Policing Unit on the A47 at Terrington St John.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Hot property Maddison adds up for City
- 3 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 4 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 5 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 6 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 7 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 8 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 9 Norwich bookshop named one of Britain's best
- 10 Farke on his contract situation at City
Speeds ranged from 102mph to 120mph. Officers on Twitter confirmed all drivers have been reported.