Driver caught going 100mph on A11 tests positive for alcohol and drugs
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A driver caught doing 100mph on the A11 provided positive results for alcohol and drugs.
The motorist was one of two stopped for speeding at 100mph by Sgt Chris Harris on the A11 at Wymondham on Sunday night.
After being pulled over, the driver blew a positive breath test and provided a positive road side drugs test.
Mr Harris tweeted: 'Driver under limit on alcohol evidential specimen & released pending drug blood results.'
He also added: 'Just finishing and reflecting on some disappointing results tonight including 2 drivers I stopped #A11 Wymondham.'
You may also want to watch:
And on Sunday on the A47 police stopped eight drivers going in excess of 100mph.
The motorists were caught by officers from Norfolk and Suffolk's Roads Policing Unit on the A47 at Terrington St John.
- 1 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 New 24-hour McDonald's branch poised for green light
- 5 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 8 Crash between two cars left road partially closed
- 9 Coronavirus outbreak at construction company working on County Hall
- 10 Could free public transport rescue Norwich city centre?
Speeds ranged from 102mph to 120mph. Officers on Twitter confirmed all drivers have been reported.