Dean Eastwood charged with series of sex offences following incidents near the University of East Anglia in Norwich
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press Â© 2011
Police in Norwich have charged a 28-year-old man with a series of sex offences following incidents near the University of East Anglia (UEA).
Dean Eastwood, of Ladbrooke Close in Diss, was charged with two counts of sexual touching and one count of outraging public decency.
The charges relate to the following incidents;
• On Friday May 26 at around 9.30pm a woman was allegedly approached and touched inappropriately in an alleyway off Primula Drive.
• On Saturday May 27 between 12.45am and 1.15am a woman travelling on the top deck of a bus to the UEA alleges that a man indecently exposing himself to her. And later the same day at about 8.30am a woman travelling on a bus to the UEA was approached by a man who allegedly engaged in conversation with her and after getting off at the same stop, touched her inappropriately.
You may also want to watch:
Eastwood was remanded in custody and appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court on Wednesday May 31 where he was further remanded in custody to appear before Norwich Crown Court on June 28.
• Anyone with information in relation to these incidents is asked to contact PC Charlotte Stone from Earlham Police Station on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Norwich firm fined £1m over explosion which killed much-loved father
- 2 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 3 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 4 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 5 Man appears in court over Thorpe St Andrew murder
- 6 Eyesore tags or street art? Artists on graffiti 'tagging' trend
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 'No amount of money will be enough': Explosion widow on £1m chemical fine
- 9 ‘Now is NOT the time’: Bosses’ backlash over congestion charge idea
- 10 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September