Vandals cause damage to Norwich miniature railway
- Credit: Archant
Vandals have caused damage to the Eaton Park Miniature Railway, one of Norwich's best-loved family attractions.
The incident happened between 5.35pm and 6.40pm on Monday, June 14 at the railway, which is owned by the Norwich and District Society of Model Engineers (NDSME).
Police were called to reports of criminal damage worth £150 to the signalling system and turntable.
NDSME posted on Facebook following the incident to see if anyone witnessed it and CCTV images have been sent to the police.
The society, run by volunteers, is currently running limited trains on Sunday afternoons, which are subject to staff and locomotive availability.
Anyone with information can contact PC Jamie Willetts at Norfolk Constabulary on 101 quoting reference 36/41967/21.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 4 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 5 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 6 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 7 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 8 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 9 City bursts into life for Norwich Pride 2021
- 10 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich