Cyclist targeting lone women in Norwich to steal phones
- Credit: Archant
Police have issued a warning after reports of a male cyclist stealing phones from lone women in Norwich.
The first incident happened on Monday, between 1pm and 1.15pm. A woman in her 30s was at a bus stop on Dereham Road, near to Notre Dame Prep School, when a man on a bicycle rode past and snatched a phone from her hand.
At 5pm the following day a male cyclist attempted to snatch a phone from a teenage girl walking along Heigham Road. And at 5.20pm, a woman in her 30s was walking along The Avenues when a man on a bike snatched her phone.
In another incident, a woman in her 20s was walking along Colegate at 3.20pm on Thursday when a man on a bicycle rode past and snatched her phone.
DC Dave Block from Norwich and South Norfolk CID said: 'All these incidents involve a white male riding a bicycle, cycling up to lone females who are carrying mobile phones and snatching them. We do believe these are linked and our enquiries are on-going.
'I would urge the public to be vigilant and to keep valuables, such as mobile phones and tablets, secure and out of display when in public.
'Anyone who may have witnessed these incidents or have any information should contact police.'
- 1 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 2 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 3 WATCH: Taxi driver throws punch as narrow street causes aggro
- 4 City garden centre launches street food nights with popular vendors
- 5 Dodgy door halts city man's house move by MONTHS
- 6 REVEALED: New leisure venue replacing Riverside Chinese
- 7 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 8 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 9 Neighbours' fears after cannabis farm raided in city
- 10 Vicar at heart of bitter church row resigns
Anyone with information should contact DC Dave Block at Bethel Street Police Station on 101.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.