Costessey care home victims will be reimbursed, says boss
Vulnerable victims of a �7,600 theft by a Costessey care home worker will be reimbursed, the home's director has pledged.
Chris Ingram, who is executive director of Dimensions, which runs accommodation for adults with learning difficulties on Longwater Lane, said the home took immediate action after they suspected 39-year-old Gary Randall had been stealing from three of its residents.
Mr Ingram said: 'We always put the people that we support at the very heart of what we do.
'Their wellbeing is always our main focus and we take any allegation or expression of concern very seriously.
'We have an absolute zero tolerance policy and have very robust systems in place to ensure the safety and protection of the people we support.
You may also want to watch:
'In this case, as soon as we were aware of any suspicion, we took immediate action and worked closely with the Adult Protection Unit and the police throughout the investigations.
'We can provide assurance that the people we support will be reimbursed.'
- 1 Aldi approved - but who will build pedestrian crossing?
- 2 Partner pays tribute to 'love of my life' after Thorpe stabbing
- 3 Prison staff should have performed CPR on paedophile teacher, report finds
- 4 New hope for Open building as talks over future revealed
- 5 Homes in Norwich and Thorpe St Andrew may have no water
- 6 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 7 Third time lucky? Couple's plea after dream wedding day cancelled again
- 8 Sold out start for Norwich's Junkyard Market ahead of expansion across UK
- 9 RAC apologises to woman and autistic son for 'abandoning' them
- 10 Tributes after death of the 100th Lord Mayor of Norwich
As reported in the Evening News on Thursday, Randall, of Cawdor Close, Attleborough, was jailed for a year after admitting using three residents' bank cards to buy petrol, clothing and nights in a hotel. The thefts were discovered after staff working at the home became suspicious.
When Randall was dismissed from his job, in May last year, a total of �7,672 was found to be missing from the three residents' accounts.
The victims were a 63-year-old man who had severe learning difficulties and was unable to sign for his money, a 54-year-old man with learning difficulties and autism and a 39-year-old man with learning difficulties and other problems.
The court heard on Wednesday that each of the victims had a safe in their room where they could keep bank cards, personal cash and valuables.
Have you been the victim of crime? Contact reporter Annabelle Dickson on 01603 772426 or email@example.com.