Blogger cautioned for Britain’s Got Talent ‘fix’ smears surrounding Ronan Parke
The blogger who alleged Britain's Got Talent was fixed in favour of Poringland schoolboy Ronan Parke has been cautioned by police.
The man, who has not been named but who has bipolar disorder, posted another blog apologising after the warning last week.
He said: 'I am ashamed to admit to being the �perpetrator of the recent Britain's Got Talent 'fix' crisis.
'I would like to offer my sincerest and unreserved apologies for all the distress and hurt I've caused, in particular to Ronan.'
Runner-up Ronan, 12, at the time denied claims Simon Cowell had signed him to a contract two years ago.
You may also want to watch:
About 150,000 people read the blog, prompting Cowell's lawyers to call police.
By finishing in the final Ronan, a pupil at Framingham Earl High School, earned a chance to perform to thousands of people as part of the Britain's Got Talent tour.
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 7 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 8 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 9 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 10 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
Last month he appeared at the Royal Norfolk Show and recorded a video diary for the Evening News in which he documented his day meeting fans, signing autographs and posing for photos.
He filmed himself talking about the press interviews he was doing and his plans for the day which caused him to have bursts of giggling fits and which prompted some amusing out-takes.
Earlier this year Ronan took time out of his busy schedule to perform Adele's Someone Like You exclusively for the Evening News.