Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- Credit: David Hannant
A woman in her 40s was the victim of a serious sexual assault in Norwich this morning.
It happened at around 6am, when she was targeted by a man while walking in Barrack Street.
A police cordon is in place outside the St James' Quay development, blocking access through the car park to the riverside footpath.
Police are appealing for help, and are asking anyone who has any information which could help their investigation to come forward.
Inspector Alix Wright said: "Officers are in the very early stages of their enquiries and are currently working with the victim to establish the exact circumstances around the incident.
"However, we are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or particularly anyone who may have dashcam footage in the area of Silver Road and Barrack Street from around 6am this morning."
Anyone with information should contact Norwich CID on 101 or email CIDAppealsNorwich@norfolk.pnn.police.uk and quote incident number 58 of Friday, June 11, 2021.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 5 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 8 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 9 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 10 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich