Banned driver crashes stolen car on Plumstead Road, Norwich after drinking
A banned driver crashed a stolen pick-up truck while over the drink-drive limit and with no insurance.
Anthony Hills, of no fixed abode, was arrested on Saturday for five offences.
The 40-year-old admitted to the charges of dangerous driving, taking the car, driving while disqualified and drink-driving at Norwich Magistrates' Court yesterday.
He crashed the car on Plumstead Road in the north-east of the city on January 7 damaging the Vauxhall Brava truck and two walls. Hills was more than twice the drink- drive limit, with 85mcg alcohol in 100ml of breath. The legal limit is 35.
District Judge Peter Veits sent the case to Norwich Crown Court for sentencing.
You may also want to watch:
Bail was refused.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 3 'Accidents waiting to happen' - Mum vows not to give up 20mph fight
- 4 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 5 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 6 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 7 Former village pub for sale as home
- 8 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 9 Opposition grows over charges to park in Norwich parks
- 10 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel