Banned driver crashes stolen car on Plumstead Road, Norwich after drinking
A banned driver crashed a stolen pick-up truck while over the drink-drive limit and with no insurance.
Anthony Hills, of no fixed abode, was arrested on Saturday for five offences.
The 40-year-old admitted to the charges of dangerous driving, taking the car, driving while disqualified and drink-driving at Norwich Magistrates' Court yesterday.
He crashed the car on Plumstead Road in the north-east of the city on January 7 damaging the Vauxhall Brava truck and two walls. Hills was more than twice the drink- drive limit, with 85mcg alcohol in 100ml of breath. The legal limit is 35.
District Judge Peter Veits sent the case to Norwich Crown Court for sentencing.
You may also want to watch:
Bail was refused.
- 1 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 2 WATCH: Bus and cyclist skip red light in city
- 3 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 4 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Plan for 1,600 homes would see new school and health centre open
- 7 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 8 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 9 EastEnders star is coming to Norwich
- 10 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000