Banned driver crashes stolen car on Plumstead Road, Norwich after drinking
A banned driver crashed a stolen pick-up truck while over the drink-drive limit and with no insurance.
Anthony Hills, of no fixed abode, was arrested on Saturday for five offences.
The 40-year-old admitted to the charges of dangerous driving, taking the car, driving while disqualified and drink-driving at Norwich Magistrates' Court yesterday.
He crashed the car on Plumstead Road in the north-east of the city on January 7 damaging the Vauxhall Brava truck and two walls. Hills was more than twice the drink- drive limit, with 85mcg alcohol in 100ml of breath. The legal limit is 35.
District Judge Peter Veits sent the case to Norwich Crown Court for sentencing.
You may also want to watch:
Bail was refused.
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 3 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 4 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 5 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 6 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 7 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 8 Childhood friends unite to launch barbershop together
- 9 Pub relying on British public's resolve ahead of reopening outside space
- 10 Tributes paid to popular Avenue Middle School head who taught thousands of Norwich children