Banned driver crashes stolen car on Plumstead Road, Norwich after drinking
A banned driver crashed a stolen pick-up truck while over the drink-drive limit and with no insurance.
Anthony Hills, of no fixed abode, was arrested on Saturday for five offences.
The 40-year-old admitted to the charges of dangerous driving, taking the car, driving while disqualified and drink-driving at Norwich Magistrates' Court yesterday.
He crashed the car on Plumstead Road in the north-east of the city on January 7 damaging the Vauxhall Brava truck and two walls. Hills was more than twice the drink- drive limit, with 85mcg alcohol in 100ml of breath. The legal limit is 35.
District Judge Peter Veits sent the case to Norwich Crown Court for sentencing.
Bail was refused.
- 1 City teen named Ikea drops furniture brand as first name
- 2 Norwich chippy ranked as one of best in UK
- 3 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 4 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 5 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club
- 6 'It would mean everything to get it back': Heartfelt plea to reunite widow with engagement ring
- 7 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
- 8 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 9 'Normal is nerve-wracking': City bosses' plan to keep masks despite rules
- 10 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week