Attack victim’s witness appeal

A father-of-two who was left with a fractured eye socket after being attacked in the car park at Norwich train station has appealed for witnesses to come forward.

As reported, SOS Bus medics came to Stephen Tullberg's rescue after he was set upon by two men who knocked him to the floor before continuing to kick him.

He had just walked to the station at about 2.30am on Sunday, September 2, to get a taxi home, after enjoying a night out in the city.

The 32-year-old has been off work for two weeks since the unprovoked attack and was due to undergo an operation on his eye today.

Ironically, Mr Tullberg recently moved to a village near Norwich with his wife Hayley and two-year-old daughter Scarlett from Watford in Hertfordshire, as they thought it would be a safer place to bring up their child. It also happened on the first time he had been out at night in Norwich city centre.

Mr Tullberg said: 'I would like to appeal for any witnesses to what happened to get in touch with the British Transport Police.

'I cannot remember much of what happened as I was plastered on the night. I had been on a 'leaving do' with people from work, and it was the first time I had been out in Prince of Wales Road.

Most Read

'I had about �20 on me for the taxi home, which was not taken, so it might have been a botched robbery, which was interrupted by the SOS Bus medics. I'm massively grateful to the medics who chased off the people who attacked me, as they could have saved my life.'

East of England Ambulance Service medics also attended and took Mr Tullberg to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, where he was treated for a fractured eye socket, swelling to the lips and eyes. A front tooth was also knocked out in the assault and he's been told it will cost �2,000 to replace. Four other teeth that were pushed back in the attack were corrected at hospital.

He added: 'I've got double vision at present and my eye needs to be lifted up. I'm hoping that the operation goes well.

'If it does, I don't know what will happen after that, or whether I will have to keep going back to hospital for check-ups.'

Mr Tullberg does not wish his home address or his place of work to go in the paper, in case of possible repercussions. He's a manager at a shop in Norwich and also has a 12-year-old son, Bailey, from a previous relationship.

British Transport Police detectives want to hear from anyone with information about the incident.

Call free on 0800 405040 quoting reference B11/LNA of September 17.