Man arrested after woman found with cut jaw
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A man has been arrested on suspicion of assault after a woman was found with a cut to her jaw.
Police were called to Leveson Road in Sprowston on Wednesday night [August 18] to reports a woman had been injured following a domestic incident.
Officers arrived on the scene at about 9.40pm and found a woman with a cut to her jaw, thought to have been caused by glass.
The woman was taken to hospital for treatment and a man, aged in his 50s, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of assault occasioning grievous bodily harm.
He was taken to Aylsham Police Investigation Centre for questioning where he remains.
You may also want to watch:
The air ambulance was initially called to the scene but later stood down.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 6 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 7 Norwich man wanted by police
- 8 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station