Man taken to hospital after assault in Norwich shop
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A mobile phone repair shop in Norwich has been cordoned off after a man was assaulted.
Norfolk Police and the East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) said they were called to Orford Place around 11.30am on Tuesday.
Two police cars and an ambulance were spotted outside Mobile Clinic a short time later.
Police confirmed they were called to reports a man had been assaulted by another man.
An EEAST spokesperson said: "An adult man was transported to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for further assessment and treatment."
The phone repair shop has been sealed off with an officer guarding the entrance.
Norfolk Police said enquiries into what had happened were being carried out.
- 1 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Botanical Garden Bar returning to Norwich after 'huge level of interest'
- 4 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 5 Norwich Ikea store excluded from new 'Buy Back' scheme
- 6 Red kite battles with peregrine falcon above Norwich Cathedral
- 7 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 8 Police search for Norwich man wanted on recall to prison
- 9 Music pub builds outdoor stage to allow gigs for 150 people
- 10 Is it time to give St Stephens Street a revamp?