Man taken to hospital after assault in Norwich shop
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A mobile phone repair shop in Norwich has been cordoned off after a man was assaulted.
Norfolk Police and the East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) said they were called to Orford Place around 11.30am on Tuesday.
Two police cars and an ambulance were spotted outside Mobile Clinic a short time later.
Police confirmed they were called to reports a man had been assaulted by another man.
An EEAST spokesperson said: "An adult man was transported to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for further assessment and treatment."
The phone repair shop has been sealed off with an officer guarding the entrance.
Norfolk Police said enquiries into what had happened were being carried out.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 4 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 5 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 8 Praise for city's welcoming spirit after 'phenomenal' Norwich Pride
- 9 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 10 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'