Armed response officers sent to Norwich street
- Credit: Archant
Armed response officers were dispatched to a Norwich street following reports of an incident.
Police where called to Howard Terrace, in Sussex Street at around 2pm on Thursday, after reports of an incident involving a firearm.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said: 'Specialist officers where dispatched to the street, but no firearm was located.'
In a separate incident, around an hour later, officers were called to Anglia Square following reports that a group of people were embroiled in a fight.
Police were called to the shopping centre just after 3pm. There were reports that a fight had broken out involving a number of people.
It is not clear if anybody has been hurt.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses reported that police in body armour and a dog unit had been seen nearby.
- 1 In photos: Norwich transformed but deserted in lockdown snowfall
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 4 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 5 Tributes paid to 'happy and giggly' woman who died aged 23
- 6 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Pizza and Yorkshire pudding wrap takeaway opening in Norwich
- 9 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison