Armed response officers sent to Norwich street
- Credit: Archant
Armed response officers were dispatched to a Norwich street following reports of an incident.
Police where called to Howard Terrace, in Sussex Street at around 2pm on Thursday, after reports of an incident involving a firearm.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said: 'Specialist officers where dispatched to the street, but no firearm was located.'
In a separate incident, around an hour later, officers were called to Anglia Square following reports that a group of people were embroiled in a fight.
Police were called to the shopping centre just after 3pm. There were reports that a fight had broken out involving a number of people.
It is not clear if anybody has been hurt.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses reported that police in body armour and a dog unit had been seen nearby.
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 5 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 7 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 8 Norfolk to be hit by weekend bus cancellations due to driver shortage
- 9 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 10 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day