Armed response officers sent to Norwich street
- Credit: Archant
Armed response officers were dispatched to a Norwich street following reports of an incident.
Police where called to Howard Terrace, in Sussex Street at around 2pm on Thursday, after reports of an incident involving a firearm.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said: 'Specialist officers where dispatched to the street, but no firearm was located.'
In a separate incident, around an hour later, officers were called to Anglia Square following reports that a group of people were embroiled in a fight.
Police were called to the shopping centre just after 3pm. There were reports that a fight had broken out involving a number of people.
It is not clear if anybody has been hurt.
Witnesses reported that police in body armour and a dog unit had been seen nearby.
- 1 Walker furious as beauty spot 'ruined' by bush chopping
- 2 City schools to share one site as building returned to council
- 3 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 4 Burger off! Petition launched to scrap new McDonald's plan
- 5 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 6 Tourist slapped with £100 parking fine for cash machine stop
- 7 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre
- 8 Petition supporting Western Link gains hundreds of signatures
- 9 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 10 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death