Apology to David Bickell
The Norwich Evening News wishes to apologise to David Bickell in relation to an article printed in the Norwich Evening News on Tuesday, September 6, 2011 entitled 'Married man groomed teenager, court told'.
The Norwich Evening News wishes to make it clear that the article should have referred to Richard Bentley and not David Bickell. Mr Bickell has never been charged with, admitted to or been convicted of any sexual offences, is not on the sex offenders register and is not subject to a sexual offences prevention order.
The Norwich Evening News wishes to apologise unreservedly for any distress caused to Mr Bickell or his family as a result of printing his name in error.
Mr Bickell has confirmed that the error was a 'genuine mistake by the publisher'.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Drip, drip, hooray! City's bottled water crisis solved
- 3 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 4 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 5 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
- 6 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 7 Man steals £250 guitar from charity shop
- 8 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 9 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 10 Locals split as 'terrifying' 60-year-old chestnut tree is felled