Apology to David Bickell
The Norwich Evening News wishes to apologise to David Bickell in relation to an article printed in the Norwich Evening News on Tuesday, September 6, 2011 entitled 'Married man groomed teenager, court told'.
The Norwich Evening News wishes to make it clear that the article should have referred to Richard Bentley and not David Bickell. Mr Bickell has never been charged with, admitted to or been convicted of any sexual offences, is not on the sex offenders register and is not subject to a sexual offences prevention order.
The Norwich Evening News wishes to apologise unreservedly for any distress caused to Mr Bickell or his family as a result of printing his name in error.
Mr Bickell has confirmed that the error was a 'genuine mistake by the publisher'.
- 1 City centre steak restaurant to DOUBLE in size thanks to move
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Road closed after BMW comes off the road in Mousehold Heath
- 4 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword
- 5 Arena plans expected to bring windfall to city
- 6 'Never too old': Barber who joined industry at 29 named best in region
- 7 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 8 How clothing boss got Norwich hooked on luxury
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 Norwich cycle shop closes after 125 years in business