Apology to David Bickell
The Norwich Evening News wishes to apologise to David Bickell in relation to an article printed in the Norwich Evening News on Tuesday, September 6, 2011 entitled 'Married man groomed teenager, court told'.
The Norwich Evening News wishes to make it clear that the article should have referred to Richard Bentley and not David Bickell. Mr Bickell has never been charged with, admitted to or been convicted of any sexual offences, is not on the sex offenders register and is not subject to a sexual offences prevention order.
The Norwich Evening News wishes to apologise unreservedly for any distress caused to Mr Bickell or his family as a result of printing his name in error.
Mr Bickell has confirmed that the error was a 'genuine mistake by the publisher'.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 2 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 3 Daughters hold dad's hand one last time in emotional hospital goodbye
- 4 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 5 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 6 Coronavirus recovery centre never used in first wave to be opened
- 7 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 8 Bakery pushes back Norwich reopening date after daily taking dropped to £26
- 9 Motorcyclist taken to hospital with leg injuries after NDR crash
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit