Apology to David Bickell
The Norwich Evening News wishes to apologise to David Bickell in relation to an article printed in the Norwich Evening News on Tuesday, September 6, 2011 entitled 'Married man groomed teenager, court told'.
The Norwich Evening News wishes to make it clear that the article should have referred to Richard Bentley and not David Bickell. Mr Bickell has never been charged with, admitted to or been convicted of any sexual offences, is not on the sex offenders register and is not subject to a sexual offences prevention order.
The Norwich Evening News wishes to apologise unreservedly for any distress caused to Mr Bickell or his family as a result of printing his name in error.
Mr Bickell has confirmed that the error was a 'genuine mistake by the publisher'.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 2 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 3 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 4 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 5 New Danish bakery in Norwich sells over 1,000 pastries in first week
- 6 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel
- 7 Heron dies after being shot six times with air gun in Norwich
- 8 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 10 Measures taken to make dog walkers feel safer in Norwich park