Gunman reported in city street - but police find no evidence at the scene
- Credit: Google
An armed police team were called to a road in north Norwich in the early hours after reports of a gunman.
They were notified anonymously at 1.30am via a public payphone at the junction of Philadelphia Lane and Angel Road.
The report was of a man seen being threatened with what appeared to be a handgun. He was in the garden of a property in Millers Lane.
Police, including armed officers, attended and searched the area. Nothing and nobody was found.
Officers spoke to the occupants of the property but no further calls were made about the incident.
Others who live in Angel Road noted the police presence, saying they saw multiple police vehicles and officers in the area.
Join our Norfolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Busy city Riverside roads to stay closed as transport hub works begin
- 3 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 4 Boss ordered to build road 15 years ago battles to clear name
- 5 See inside this three-storey home with city views on sale for £370k
- 6 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 7 'A palace reborn': Inside the £13.5m revamp of Norwich Castle
- 8 'I lived in the woods for 20 years': How Sean is starting new life
- 9 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 10 From £35k to homeless: Why rough sleepers struggle to get a job