WATCH: Shocking footage of police chasing drink-driver
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Norfolk police have released shocking footage of the moment a drink-driver tried to escape the police.
The man was pulled over by the police after travelling over 95mph and driving dangerously on Lingwood Road, near Norwich.
Deciding he wasn't going to stop, the driver pulled away and picked up speed.
He eventually lost control over the car after approaching a bend dangerously and bouncing over a mound of earth and crashing into a field.
The man was later tasered by the police after resisting arrest and for being confrontational.
William Crater, 56, of Post Office Road, Lingwood, was sentenced on Friday at Great Yarmouth Magistrates Court and received an 18-month driving ban.
Sergeant Joe Simon, from Norfolk and Suffolk’s Roads and Armed Policing Team said: "Crater’s actions were irresponsible, and extremely dangerous, and could easily have resulted in the loss of someone’s life."
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 3 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 4 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 5 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 6 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 7 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September
- 10 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding