Norwich market stall rolls out creme scotch eggs
- Credit: eat_out_norwich
Creme Egg fans will be eggstatic to hear about this sweet seasonal addition to Norwich Market.
You may have already heard that battered Creme Eggs have become the latest trend in battered confectionery.
Now a Norwich Market stall owner has hatched an even wackier creation.
And Eat It, at Row C stalls 51/64, boasts an array of tempting baked treats that now again includes a sugary twist on a savoury favourite.
Creme Egg scotch eggs are a classic Cadbury's Creme Egg encased in cake rather than the traditional sausage meat.
They were so well received by customers last year that stall owner Victoria Fama, who started And Eat It from home back in 2011, has been working on an extended range of flavours for her culinary creation.
You may also want to watch:
The new range will include Oreo eggs encased in red velvet cake and caramel eggs in vanilla cake.
Mrs Fama said: 'I started selling the Creme Egg scotch eggs after seeing an online article about them. The customers instantly loved them and I would sell out daily.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 3 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 4 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 5 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
'I brought them back in February as soon as there were eggs in the supermarket aisles and the reaction has been even better, I have to replenish stock throughout the day to ensure I don't sell out....not an easy task on a Saturday when we sell out of all our goodies.'
The Creme Egg scotch eggs will be on sale through the spring and are priced at £2.