Crash at Great Yarmouth racetrack leaves one person injured
Anthony CarrollA fire engine and ambulance crews were called to Great Yarmouth Stadium this morning after a two car collision during a race practice session left one person with leg injuries.Anthony Carroll
A fire engine and ambulance crews were called to Great Yarmouth Stadium this morning after a two car collision during a race practice session left one person with leg injuries.
The accident happened on the stadium's racetrack about 11.20am - two hours before gates were due to open to public at the Yarmouth Road site for a race afternoon involving superstox, stock cars and ministox cars.
Emergency services were at the scene for an hour as the casualty was taken to hospital and Yarmouth based-firefighters made the area safe.
The oval track at Yarmouth stadium is 327m long and also holds greyhound racing.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 6 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 7 Norwich man wanted by police
- 8 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 9 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 10 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats