Crash at Great Yarmouth racetrack leaves one person injured
Anthony CarrollA fire engine and ambulance crews were called to Great Yarmouth Stadium this morning after a two car collision during a race practice session left one person with leg injuries.Anthony Carroll
A fire engine and ambulance crews were called to Great Yarmouth Stadium this morning after a two car collision during a race practice session left one person with leg injuries.
The accident happened on the stadium's racetrack about 11.20am - two hours before gates were due to open to public at the Yarmouth Road site for a race afternoon involving superstox, stock cars and ministox cars.
Emergency services were at the scene for an hour as the casualty was taken to hospital and Yarmouth based-firefighters made the area safe.
The oval track at Yarmouth stadium is 327m long and also holds greyhound racing.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
- 2 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 4 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 Kill the Bill protestors take to Norwich streets
- 7 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 8 Probe into woman's death continues following suspected arson
- 9 Hunt for silver VW Golf after man seriously injured in hit-and-run
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion