Crash at Great Yarmouth racetrack leaves one person injured
Anthony CarrollA fire engine and ambulance crews were called to Great Yarmouth Stadium this morning after a two car collision during a race practice session left one person with leg injuries.Anthony Carroll
A fire engine and ambulance crews were called to Great Yarmouth Stadium this morning after a two car collision during a race practice session left one person with leg injuries.
The accident happened on the stadium's racetrack about 11.20am - two hours before gates were due to open to public at the Yarmouth Road site for a race afternoon involving superstox, stock cars and ministox cars.
Emergency services were at the scene for an hour as the casualty was taken to hospital and Yarmouth based-firefighters made the area safe.
The oval track at Yarmouth stadium is 327m long and also holds greyhound racing.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 2 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 3 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 4 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 5 Fears planning shake-up will threaten Norwich city centre
- 6 Man seriously injured after crash
- 7 New 66-bed care home with cinema planned near NDR
- 8 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 9 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 10 Plans to demolish historic pub approved just days after suspected arson attack