Crash at Great Yarmouth racetrack leaves one person injured
Anthony CarrollA fire engine and ambulance crews were called to Great Yarmouth Stadium this morning after a two car collision during a race practice session left one person with leg injuries.Anthony Carroll
A fire engine and ambulance crews were called to Great Yarmouth Stadium this morning after a two car collision during a race practice session left one person with leg injuries.
The accident happened on the stadium's racetrack about 11.20am - two hours before gates were due to open to public at the Yarmouth Road site for a race afternoon involving superstox, stock cars and ministox cars.
Emergency services were at the scene for an hour as the casualty was taken to hospital and Yarmouth based-firefighters made the area safe.
The oval track at Yarmouth stadium is 327m long and also holds greyhound racing.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 5 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 6 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 7 Major £800,000 revamp proposed for busy city road
- 8 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 9 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale
- 10 More than a dozen arrests in Norwich on Saturday night