Crackdown on danger parking at schools
Elaine MaslinDrivers who park illegally outside schools in the Reepham area are to be tackled by police in the town.Elaine Maslin
Drivers who park illegally outside schools in the Reepham area are to be tackled by police in the town.
Officers will be working in conjunction with local schools during four weeks to at first warn them and then potentially issue them with on the spot fines of �30.
Checks will be carried out outside Foulsham Primary, Cawston Primary, Reepham Primary and Great Witchingham Primary schools from Monday to March 19.
Parents and carers will receive letters and leaflets advising them of the work the team will be carrying out after half term and reminding them of the Highway Code.
You may also want to watch:
In addition officers will be visiting the classrooms and attending assemblies to educate pupils of road safety.
The community is being asked to report any illegal or inconsiderate parking outside schools, their local knowledge can help police direct policing resources to deal with local issues.
- 1 Aldi approved - but who will build pedestrian crossing?
- 2 New hope for Open building as talks over future revealed
- 3 Partner pays tribute to 'love of my life' after Thorpe stabbing
- 4 Prison staff should have performed CPR on paedophile teacher, report finds
- 5 Homes in Norwich and Thorpe St Andrew may have no water
- 6 Third time lucky? Couple's plea after dream wedding day cancelled again
- 7 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 8 Tributes after death of the 100th Lord Mayor of Norwich
- 9 City road to be closed for three nights
- 10 Sold out start for Norwich's Junkyard Market ahead of expansion across UK
The Evening News has been running its Park Safe campaign, urging parents and other drivers not to park dangerously outside schools, because it can put children's lives at risk.
To make a report call 0845 456 4567 or e-mail email@example.com