County council’s Twitter day follows fire tests on Riverside in Norwich
Firefighters were on riverside in Norwich this lunchtime to complete quarterly tests of pumps on fire engines, as reported in an innovative 'tweet up' from Norfolk County Council.
People have had the chance to find out more about the daily duties of social workers, firefighters and the head of Norfolk's library service through microblogging website Twitter today.
The county council have been using the hashtag #nccourday, with people able to follow a shift of fire-fighters from Norwich, the working day of a social worker in Great Yarmouth and a team of highway rangers in the Fakenham area.
The @Norfolkfire account posted pictures of different tasks being carried out and tweets such as 'We're putting together a rescue sled, so we know how it goes together for use in shallow water, mud or ice' and 'We're going up to do some working at height on the drill tower - I'm a bit scared of heights'.
At lunchtime today the crew were carrying out their quarterly checks near the Novi Sad Friendship Bridge on Riverside, as shown in this tweeted picture.
Otherwise, @NorfolkCC tweets have included 'In the truck with highway rangers Matt & Liam to clean some gulleys by the church in Fakenham' and @NorfolkLibs tweeted 'Staff meet to plan Mill Library jazz, fizz and cake event on 3 Nov for @TheForumNorwich 10 b'day. Then a forum party on 5 Nov'.
Follow the rest of the day's Twitter action at www.twitter.com/NorfolkCC, to find Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service visit www.twitter.com/Norfolkfire; and to find the library service visit www.twitter.com/NorfolkLibs
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 5 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 6 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 7 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 8 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 9 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 10 REVEALED: Hotspots in Norwich with the most burglaries
You can also follow the Evening News on Twitter @eveningnews.