Costessey’s Crowning glory
VETERANS' LEAGUE: Norfolk County FA Veterans League Premiership champions Costessey Crown made it nine wins out of nine with a 4-2 victory at Wymondham College Roseberrians. Terence Bolingbrooke (2), Robert Sapey and Roger Dowe netted for the champions.
Stacey Allan netted four times as Bayer Eagles went second beating Watton United 6-0. Jason Self and Darren Rial were also on target.
The third and final game in the Premiership saw Cringleford defeat Sole & Heel 3-1.
A brace from Robin West combined with a Masood Birgani goal put Cringleford in the driving seat before a long-range strike from Dan Barnston gave Sole & Heel a glimmer of hope, however it wasn't enough and Cringleford's victory has now ensured them a top three finish.
In the Championship Swaffham Town's winless run continued. The Pedlars have lost four times. ever time by the odd goal. Sunday's match saw Swaffham defeated by Wymondham College Veterans 2-1. A Simon Ball goal wasn't enough for the home side as two John Chitty goals saw Wymondham opened up a five point gap over Swaffham.
• Premiership - Bayer Eagles 6, Watton United 0; Sole & Heel 1, Cringleford 3; Wymondham College Roseberrians 2, Costessey Crown 4.
• Championship - Swaffham Town 1, Wymondham College Veterans 2.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 5 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 6 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 7 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 8 REVEALED: Hotspots in Norwich with the most burglaries
- 9 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 10 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record