Costessey’s Crowning glory
VETERANS' LEAGUE: Norfolk County FA Veterans League Premiership champions Costessey Crown made it nine wins out of nine with a 4-2 victory at Wymondham College Roseberrians. Terence Bolingbrooke (2), Robert Sapey and Roger Dowe netted for the champions.
Stacey Allan netted four times as Bayer Eagles went second beating Watton United 6-0. Jason Self and Darren Rial were also on target.
The third and final game in the Premiership saw Cringleford defeat Sole & Heel 3-1.
A brace from Robin West combined with a Masood Birgani goal put Cringleford in the driving seat before a long-range strike from Dan Barnston gave Sole & Heel a glimmer of hope, however it wasn't enough and Cringleford's victory has now ensured them a top three finish.
In the Championship Swaffham Town's winless run continued. The Pedlars have lost four times. ever time by the odd goal. Sunday's match saw Swaffham defeated by Wymondham College Veterans 2-1. A Simon Ball goal wasn't enough for the home side as two John Chitty goals saw Wymondham opened up a five point gap over Swaffham.
You may also want to watch:
• Premiership - Bayer Eagles 6, Watton United 0; Sole & Heel 1, Cringleford 3; Wymondham College Roseberrians 2, Costessey Crown 4.
• Championship - Swaffham Town 1, Wymondham College Veterans 2.
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 3 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 4 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 5 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 6 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 7 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 10 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire