Costessey’s Crowning glory
VETERANS' LEAGUE: Norfolk County FA Veterans League Premiership champions Costessey Crown made it nine wins out of nine with a 4-2 victory at Wymondham College Roseberrians. Terence Bolingbrooke (2), Robert Sapey and Roger Dowe netted for the champions.
Stacey Allan netted four times as Bayer Eagles went second beating Watton United 6-0. Jason Self and Darren Rial were also on target.
The third and final game in the Premiership saw Cringleford defeat Sole & Heel 3-1.
A brace from Robin West combined with a Masood Birgani goal put Cringleford in the driving seat before a long-range strike from Dan Barnston gave Sole & Heel a glimmer of hope, however it wasn't enough and Cringleford's victory has now ensured them a top three finish.
In the Championship Swaffham Town's winless run continued. The Pedlars have lost four times. ever time by the odd goal. Sunday's match saw Swaffham defeated by Wymondham College Veterans 2-1. A Simon Ball goal wasn't enough for the home side as two John Chitty goals saw Wymondham opened up a five point gap over Swaffham.
• Premiership - Bayer Eagles 6, Watton United 0; Sole & Heel 1, Cringleford 3; Wymondham College Roseberrians 2, Costessey Crown 4.
• Championship - Swaffham Town 1, Wymondham College Veterans 2.
- 1 WATCH: Taxi driver throws punch as narrow street causes aggro
- 2 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 3 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 4 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 5 City garden centre launches street food nights with popular vendors
- 6 Most desirable places to live in Norwich according to estate agents
- 7 Cabbies could protest over lost £400 a month
- 8 'You owe us!': Furious holidaymakers demand compo
- 9 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 10 'Disgusting!' Woman's fury over Simply Red toilets and access