Costessey’s Crowning glory
VETERANS' LEAGUE: Norfolk County FA Veterans League Premiership champions Costessey Crown made it nine wins out of nine with a 4-2 victory at Wymondham College Roseberrians. Terence Bolingbrooke (2), Robert Sapey and Roger Dowe netted for the champions.
Stacey Allan netted four times as Bayer Eagles went second beating Watton United 6-0. Jason Self and Darren Rial were also on target.
The third and final game in the Premiership saw Cringleford defeat Sole & Heel 3-1.
A brace from Robin West combined with a Masood Birgani goal put Cringleford in the driving seat before a long-range strike from Dan Barnston gave Sole & Heel a glimmer of hope, however it wasn't enough and Cringleford's victory has now ensured them a top three finish.
In the Championship Swaffham Town's winless run continued. The Pedlars have lost four times. ever time by the odd goal. Sunday's match saw Swaffham defeated by Wymondham College Veterans 2-1. A Simon Ball goal wasn't enough for the home side as two John Chitty goals saw Wymondham opened up a five point gap over Swaffham.
You may also want to watch:
• Premiership - Bayer Eagles 6, Watton United 0; Sole & Heel 1, Cringleford 3; Wymondham College Roseberrians 2, Costessey Crown 4.
• Championship - Swaffham Town 1, Wymondham College Veterans 2.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 5 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 6 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 7 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 8 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 9 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 10 Car collides with bus near petrol station on Dereham Road