Costessey’s Crowning glory
VETERANS' LEAGUE: Norfolk County FA Veterans League Premiership champions Costessey Crown made it nine wins out of nine with a 4-2 victory at Wymondham College Roseberrians. Terence Bolingbrooke (2), Robert Sapey and Roger Dowe netted for the champions.
Stacey Allan netted four times as Bayer Eagles went second beating Watton United 6-0. Jason Self and Darren Rial were also on target.
The third and final game in the Premiership saw Cringleford defeat Sole & Heel 3-1.
A brace from Robin West combined with a Masood Birgani goal put Cringleford in the driving seat before a long-range strike from Dan Barnston gave Sole & Heel a glimmer of hope, however it wasn't enough and Cringleford's victory has now ensured them a top three finish.
In the Championship Swaffham Town's winless run continued. The Pedlars have lost four times. ever time by the odd goal. Sunday's match saw Swaffham defeated by Wymondham College Veterans 2-1. A Simon Ball goal wasn't enough for the home side as two John Chitty goals saw Wymondham opened up a five point gap over Swaffham.
You may also want to watch:
• Premiership - Bayer Eagles 6, Watton United 0; Sole & Heel 1, Cringleford 3; Wymondham College Roseberrians 2, Costessey Crown 4.
• Championship - Swaffham Town 1, Wymondham College Veterans 2.
- 1 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 2 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 3 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 4 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 5 Fears planning shake-up will threaten Norwich city centre
- 6 Man seriously injured after crash
- 7 Office plan revealed for part of disused city pub
- 8 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 9 New 66-bed care home with cinema planned near NDR
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree