Road to be closed for resurfacing work
- Credit: PA
Resurfacing works on a road in Costessey are set to take place later this month.
The work will run on Friday, February 19 at Costessey Lane and is planned, weather permitting, to take one day. They will see a section of carriageway resurfaced around Old Costessey Mill.
Norfolk County Council said the work would be carried out during the day to minimise noise for those living nearby.
To carry out the work, the road will be closed to through traffic from 7am to 7pm, though access to business and property will be maintained.
A diversion route around The Street and Taverham Lane will be in place.
You may also want to watch:
The work is set to cost £49,000 and will be carried out by Norfolk County Council’s community and environmental services department and their contractors.
The council thanked people for their patience.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 5 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 7 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students