Road to be closed for resurfacing work
- Credit: PA
Resurfacing works on a road in Costessey are set to take place later this month.
The work will run on Friday, February 19 at Costessey Lane and is planned, weather permitting, to take one day. They will see a section of carriageway resurfaced around Old Costessey Mill.
Norfolk County Council said the work would be carried out during the day to minimise noise for those living nearby.
To carry out the work, the road will be closed to through traffic from 7am to 7pm, though access to business and property will be maintained.
A diversion route around The Street and Taverham Lane will be in place.
You may also want to watch:
The work is set to cost £49,000 and will be carried out by Norfolk County Council’s community and environmental services department and their contractors.
The council thanked people for their patience.
- 1 Emma Thompson and Daryl McCormack arrive in Norwich for filming
- 2 A small gesture that shows why Norwich City are a class apart
- 3 Family tribute to caring and loving Norwich man who was 'one of a kind'
- 4 Seven peaceful spots in Norwich to meet your bubble
- 5 Flagship Debenhams building goes up for sale or rent
- 6 Owner of Norwich crazy golf course retires leaving 'wonderful legacy'
- 7 Plea for a solution after raw sewage floods family's garden
- 8 Revealed: Mammoth and T-Rex feature in next GoGo trails
- 9 How knitting army of teddy bears helped Ruth, 92, in lockdown
- 10 Furloughed pilot starts his own rum business