Road near Norwich could close for up to eight weeks as part of £70,000 works scheme
- Credit: Archant
A road in Costessey could close for up to eight weeks as part of a £70,000 scheme.
Works in Valley Road are due to begin on, or soon after, Monday, October 29, Norfolk County Council said.
The project will see the pavement along the north side of the road reconstructed, and the work is expected to take up to eight weeks.
During the pavement reconstruction works the road will be closed to all through-traffic, for 24 hours a day. A signed diversion route will be in place.
The council said the aim would be to maintain access to properties and businesses during the works, though they apologised in advance for times when total restrictions would be in force.
Site staff will work to keep delays to a minimum, they said.
The work is due to cost £70,000 and will be carried out by the council's community and environmental services department and their contractors.
- 1 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 2 'Fixer upper' lodge home goes up for sale near Norwich city centre
- 3 'Not our fault' - City man hits back on abandoned caravan after land dispute
- 4 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash
- 5 From £35k to homeless: Why rough sleepers struggle to get a job
- 6 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
- 7 Boss ordered to build road 15 years ago battles to clear name
- 8 'Not worth it!': Councillor wants new bus lane ditched
- 9 'I lived in the woods for 20 years': How Sean is starting new life
- 10 Has £10,000 prize crash landed in Norwich from space?