Road near Norwich could close for up to eight weeks as part of £70,000 works scheme
- Credit: Archant
A road in Costessey could close for up to eight weeks as part of a £70,000 scheme.
Works in Valley Road are due to begin on, or soon after, Monday, October 29, Norfolk County Council said.
The project will see the pavement along the north side of the road reconstructed, and the work is expected to take up to eight weeks.
During the pavement reconstruction works the road will be closed to all through-traffic, for 24 hours a day. A signed diversion route will be in place.
The council said the aim would be to maintain access to properties and businesses during the works, though they apologised in advance for times when total restrictions would be in force.
You may also want to watch:
Site staff will work to keep delays to a minimum, they said.
The work is due to cost £70,000 and will be carried out by the council's community and environmental services department and their contractors.
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 5 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 6 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 7 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 8 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 9 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 10 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house