Road near Norwich could close for up to eight weeks as part of £70,000 works scheme
- Credit: Archant
A road in Costessey could close for up to eight weeks as part of a £70,000 scheme.
Works in Valley Road are due to begin on, or soon after, Monday, October 29, Norfolk County Council said.
The project will see the pavement along the north side of the road reconstructed, and the work is expected to take up to eight weeks.
During the pavement reconstruction works the road will be closed to all through-traffic, for 24 hours a day. A signed diversion route will be in place.
The council said the aim would be to maintain access to properties and businesses during the works, though they apologised in advance for times when total restrictions would be in force.
Site staff will work to keep delays to a minimum, they said.
The work is due to cost £70,000 and will be carried out by the council's community and environmental services department and their contractors.
- 1 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 2 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 3 REVEALED: New leisure venue replacing Riverside Chinese
- 4 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 5 Huge chalet bungalow for sale near Norwich offers 'oasis' for £700k
- 6 Dodgy door halts city man's house move by MONTHS
- 7 City garden centre launches street food nights with popular vendors
- 8 New courts, please! Tennis controversy continues in Norwich
- 9 Holidaymakers' fury after two-day flight delay
- 10 Homeless man arrested in city centre to appear at court