Road near Norwich could close for up to eight weeks as part of £70,000 works scheme
- Credit: Archant
A road in Costessey could close for up to eight weeks as part of a £70,000 scheme.
Works in Valley Road are due to begin on, or soon after, Monday, October 29, Norfolk County Council said.
The project will see the pavement along the north side of the road reconstructed, and the work is expected to take up to eight weeks.
During the pavement reconstruction works the road will be closed to all through-traffic, for 24 hours a day. A signed diversion route will be in place.
The council said the aim would be to maintain access to properties and businesses during the works, though they apologised in advance for times when total restrictions would be in force.
You may also want to watch:
Site staff will work to keep delays to a minimum, they said.
The work is due to cost £70,000 and will be carried out by the council's community and environmental services department and their contractors.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 8 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 'They don't add up' - Mixed reaction to city development plans